Laggy audio on GS3

liamzuid

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I opened another thread for the same problem, excuse me for that. I just want to describe everything pretty detailed right now and don't want to blame it on anything.

So, Every so often I hear some popping sound/skip/stutter/lagg in the audio when I listen to music. I have tried the GS3 standard mp3 player, shuttle music player and google play music.

The funny thing is that when I listen to music from spotify (downloaded to sd-card, just like the music) I don't hear any stutter/skip/lagg. So I think the sd-card/ part that reads the sd-card is out of question.

I took the phone to a samsung service point. The guy at the counter wasn't even interested in my story and gave it a factory reset. Still the problem occured the same day.

The guy from the samsung service point told me that if the problem still occurs after the factory reset I would have to come back and he will order new components. So I will be bringing it back tomorrow morning. I will keep you guys updated on this.

So my question is: Does anybody else have this problem regarding music playback on the GS3? Please post a (detailed) complaint/story on your issue and perhaps some fix or attempt to fix. I think I will make a list on attempts to fix this problem in the OP and which one have been said effective.

Yours faithfully,

Liam.

cliffdiving

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Music playback stutters on my gs3 too, but only when the screen is off. It seems to have something to do with RAM management when the phone is not active. Just pressing the power button or home button to show the lock screen temporarily stops the stuttering if that's the problem.

Poweramp fixes the problem completely for me, it has a a setting to increase the buffer size. It's no solution for listening to podcasts or anything using other apps though...

Oh, and the problem persists even now that I use cyanogenmod.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie