Galaxy S3 - Fix for 4.3 freezing, lagging and battery life

fesouza

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I think I've found a fix!

My history with the Samsung Galaxy S3 update to jelly bean 4.3 was no different from everybody: Terrible battery life, random freezes and reboots, lagging performance, etc.
I read a lot of posts here and several other forums, and found no hint or good news about how to get rid of these problems and turn my GS3 as good as it was before.

The battery drain was so bad that one day, while I tried to use it, it reboots and freezes repeatedly, and it simply lost 10% of its charge in half an hour.

Tired of everything I decided to turn off the wi-fi AND the mobile data and, using it just as a phone + sms + calculator + camera? I noticed that it was working smooth as melted butter, no lagging, no rebooting or freezing and the battery lasted for more than 2 days and 2 hours!

After the third day, I decided to turn on again the wi-fi and everything came back to the unusable state. I was pretty sure that a Factory Reset would be the last resource but, before doing that, I decided to look for what was using my wi-fi and noticed that Google Currents (which I didn?t have used for months) was downloading a lot of data and using a lot of CPU. Uninstalling Google Currents was like magic. Everything is so good now: the performance, the battery life?

I don?t know if this will help everybody but try to live for one day without the wi-fi and the mobile data to see if your GS3 works well. And if you have Google Currents go and uninstall it. I've done it in this sequence: clear cache > clear data > uninstall.

Maybe it was a lucky guess, but it worked for me.

twentytrump

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
With the jelly bean 4.3 upgrade in galaxy s3 is running smooth and also is now working smoothly with kies 3 official.With earlier upgrades my phone speed syncing with my pc(kies) so I had to use 3rd party software for that.all that changed for the good and more when I upgraded my firmware to jelly bean 4.3.2 now it's syncing with kies 3 given on Samsung's official website.one needs backup of data to outlook etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey