Galaxy S3 Stuck in Boot Loop

Samuel Cramphorn

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

The past week my phone often kept rebooting, and once it reboot, it was stuck on the loading screen - usually id take the battery out and put it in and it would of fixed the issue...

Now its not budging whatsoever... it is constantly rebooting on the loading screen - I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.

Can anyone shed some light?

more info:
I've had it for 20 months, im going away soon so I want to take it with this as the day im back im getting my new phone. I don't want to pay for an early upgrade on a phone which I'm not that fussed about yet...

Thanks

Sam

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

The past week my phone often kept rebooting, and once it reboot, it was stuck on the loading screen - usually id take the battery out and put it in and it would of fixed the issue...

Now its not budging whatsoever... it is constantly rebooting on the loading screen - I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.

Can anyone shed some light?

more info:
I've had it for 20 months, im going away soon so I want to take it with this as the day im back im getting my new phone. I don't want to pay for an early upgrade on a phone which I'm not that fussed about yet...

Thanks

Sam

Welcome to the forums.
I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing cache.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.
Sounds like the 'stuck Power button' issue.
Some people have reported good luck with smacking the phone against something that's firm but not hard (after all, you don't want to break anything). YMMV.

It could also be that the actual Power switch (on the mainboard, which the little plastic Power button presses on) is stuck.

The easiest way to see if it's a stuck situation is to take the battery out for a minute or so, then put it back in - if the phone turns on by itself, you know that either the Power button is stuck or the Power switch is stuck/malfunctioning.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Samuel Cramphorn

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the 'stuck Power button' issue.
Some people have reported good luck with smacking the phone against something that's firm but not hard (after all, you don't want to break anything). YMMV.

It could also be that the actual Power switch (on the mainboard, which the little plastic Power button presses on) is stuck.

Hi, it s the power switch. I have ordered a new one on ebay, now I will need the dexterity of a watch maker to get this accurate!

The easiest way to see if it's a stuck situation is to take the battery out for a minute or so, then put it back in - if the phone turns on by itself, you know that either the Power button is stuck or the Power switch is stuck/malfunctioning.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GraceA

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Had this issue, I smacked the phone against a hard part of my sofa and it worked. Good method even if it's temporary

Ruchillin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
This is a shout out to anyone that is phone savvy.
my phones battery ran down last night, because i forgot to plug it in.
This morning when I plugged it in it will not start up, it is stuck on the start up screen.
I tried to do a factory reset but when I hold the 3 buttons it will not let me get into that screen...however it would let me go to the download os screen. The phone has ran perfectly no problems at all...I'm in the way of thinking it had a memory problem..for a few days before it kept telling me picsart may not save correctly memory to low.
I love my phone, so I hope someone can help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alesha Walker

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
This is exactly what is going on with my old phone. I know it's a piece of junk and I'm going to replace it. I just want to get the pictures off it first (no memory card) I'm 100% sure it's the power button stuck. Knocking it against something doesn't work and no matter what tiny screw driver I use I can't get the back off to mess with it internally. Am I just out of luck?

eladka

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Same Problem, I was ready to open the phone and replace the power switch. Hitting the power button with the battery did the job!

Jarse

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Smacked it against sofa and voila! Worked like a charm. Will see about getting a new power switch and lieu of new phone.

E79C9FE4B8

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
thank you so much!
i was about to dismantle my phone out of desperation and then i read your post saying it might just be a stuck power button.
"I smacked the phone against a hard part of my sofa", just as GraceA suggested two posts further down the thread, and it did work indeed!
i'm so happy my phone's back to life, thanks again!

Rufinoman

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
I just had exactly the same problem with my wife's S3, so I took the battery out, tapped around the power button a few times with the battery (could be anything really) without hitting the power button directly and it came to life.
This could be serendipity actually because I've bought her a new Sony Experia for Christmas and the S3 has been playing up a lot recently.
Looking forward to seeing her face when she opens the oversize box tomorrow night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital