4.3 microsd problems

Mike Mannion

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have an unrooted Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running android 4.3. A few weeks ago I noticed that I can't write to my sandisk microsd anymore. What's more, it doesn't show up when I connect my phone to my windows laptop using a usb cable (the microsd card is shown but none of the folders/files are). However if I remove the microsd, put it into a card reader and plug that into the laptop I can see everything fine.

Is this part of the problem with being able to write to microsd with the latest 4.3 android version I have been reading about? I also read that I can fix this by editing the platform.xml file - I tried looking for this but couldn't find the file anywhere in windows explorer.

Many thanks
Mike

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
A few weeks ago I noticed that I can't write to my sandisk microsd anymore. What's more, it doesn't show up when I connect my phone to my windows laptop using a usb cable (the microsd card is shown but none of the folders/files are).
This is probably the first sign that your SD card is corrupted, and may end up permanently unusable. You should immediately remove it from the phone, put it in your computer and copy off anything that you care about. You can then reinsert it in your phone and reformat it and if you're lucky it'll work properly. (Personally, I'd never trust important content on it again - YMMV.)
Is this part of the problem with being able to write to microsd with the latest 4.3 android version I have been reading about?
No, that problem actually begins in Android 4.4.x.
I also read that I can fix this by editing the platform.xml file - I tried looking for this but couldn't find the file anywhere in windows explorer.
That's a system file - you won't see any of that content from within Windows Explorer; you also won't be able to modify it unless your phone is rooted.
u9abyge8.jpg
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante