Is there anyway to find out what this update is?

Steve Waring

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Vodafone GT-I9300 running Android 4.3. An update has arrived which was 45.57Mb. Is there anyway of finding out what this update is before I install it?

Thanks

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
J got this'd two some time back. It is Samsung that requires some permission to access your phone

I don't know why they sent it but this'd is what I noticed. Every few days things would automatically tweak themselves. The camera would switch to default settings and the speed would get better stock sms app would change in subtle ways. And nu phones lag got slightly better.
I think it is the same OTA update that I got.

I don't suggest you install out accept un till others have had a chance to give you some more info

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The software update screen normally shows a name for the update (ex.
ja6yvuhy.jpg
You should be able to do a Google search for that string and find out what's in it. Or just ask your carrier.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Steve Waring

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
As I've downloaded but not installed the upgrade, I can't revisit that page. However I'm certain it said the same thing that it says on the apply upgrade screen which is "Added new feature." This is the same text that was shown when Vodafone sent me the upgrade to the latest version of Jellybean, so I suspect that updates from Vodafone always has this as a standard text. Note that there was NOT a section headed "Name".

I did go into the Vodafone shop and asked if there was anyway they could find out what it is. They said "No." I've tried the support website and it is impossible to use and useless.

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this, because now my phone keeps reminding me that I have an update to install.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
because now my phone keeps reminding me that I have an update to install.
If you want to make that annoyance go away, do this:
1. boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache
2. reboot the phone, go in and accept the software update - it'll fail (because you deleted the actual update.zip when you cleared the cache) and it won't prompt you for the update again

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae