Missing Photo's

James Ball2

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have taken a lot of photo's on my S3 and now the card and phone are full up.

To solve this I thought I would move all the photos to my computer. However, I can't find them on the card or the phone but they are in the gallery.

I have tried searching the phone automatically with the file names, I have imported all the photo's off the computer which was an option when I plugged it in. I selected to delete after import. It has taken the most recent photos but not the bulk of them. I am fairly good with these things but they are definitely not in any of the folders. I have tried plugging it in and looking through the folders on the computer and I have tried looking through on the phone.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Jb

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Camera pictures are typically stored in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera if they're in the internal memory and on /extSdCard/DCIM/Camera if they're on the actual SD card.

Obviously if you created other folders or are using other apps besides the stock Camera and Gallery apps, then things could be scattered elsewhere.

If you do a search for *.jpg you should find everything you're looking for.

Please note that if you see pictures in the Gallery with a little colored wheel overlaid on them, those are actually in the cloud somewhere (Google+ or Picasa).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk