TouchWiz Home stops working at start

Andunemir

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I wanted to ask if anybody can think of a solution for my problem that looks pretty serious.

I switched my phone on this morning and the annoying "Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home has stopped" popped up as soon as I introduced my PIN. Problem is even if I press OK it keeps coming back so I can't access any functions on my phone. None of the front buttons work either.

Only functions that are reactive are the top screen slider, the on/off button and the volume control. Everything else is blocked by the pop-up's reappearance.

If I connect it to my computer the phone doesn't get recognised (I guess because the system can't load properly because of the fault) so, as it is, I can't use Kes or, I'm guessing, any of the SDK tools.

Any ideas before I have to send it back and, probably, get a new phone back?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few things to try:
- reboot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache
- reboot into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242
- reboot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset (this WILL wipe your data!)

Edit: oh, and if none of the above help you could use a tool called Odin to reload the stock firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Andunemir

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried clearing the cache from recovery and rebooting into safe mode. Nothing...

Is there a way I can install an alternative to TouchWiz (i.e. Apex or Nova) from the recovery menu or does it need to be rooted?

Just trying to avoid the factoy reset... It's been misbehaving in a ton of different ways lately so I'm sure the factory reset should fix it, just don't want to lose all the data.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The phone has to be rooted with custom recovery software installed in order to load something like what you describe.

Strange that Kies doesn't recognize the phone since it's booting to the desktop and then crashing. Are you using the correct version of Kies? If your phone has 4.3 (or greater) firmware you need to be using Kies v3; otherwise use Kies v2.6 (you can have both installed at the same time).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and it's POSSIBLE that you could use Odin to reload the same firmware and still have your data intact - possible being the operative word.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12