phone has shutted off but battery continue consuming fast and getting hot.

chrischong

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Samsung S3 I9300. My phone battery dropped from 83% to 38% just within half an hour time. So I quickly off the phone and recharged. After an hour, I went to see it, it was very hot. Then I on my phone and the battery showed 10% and just a few minutes, it dropped to 3%, I quickly took the battery out. Borrowed friend's battery and put it into my phone, it dropped from 75% to 70% just a few minutes, so I used my charger to charge it, it continued went down to 68%. Friend suggested to reset or reboot the phone, so I did. But the problem still exist, I could not charge my battery (it remained 3% or less). I asked friend to use my own battery and try to charge it through her phone and charger, it stopped at 2% and never go up after more than 5 mins.

Went to buy a new battery (original) next day, at the dealer's shop, the new battery was chargeable by using their charger (from 62% to 68%). So I shut off my phone and went back home. Just about 20 minutes time later, I took out the phone, it was very hot so I on it again, the battery showed 43%, so I charged it using my own charger (original) but not successful, the battery % kept dropping until 26%. Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Samsung S3 I9300. My phone battery dropped from 83% to 38% just within half an hour time. So I quickly off the phone and recharged. After an hour, I went to see it, it was very hot. Then I on my phone and the battery showed 10% and just a few minutes, it dropped to 3%, I quickly took the battery out. Borrowed friend's battery and put it into my phone, it dropped from 75% to 70% just a few minutes, so I used my charger to charge it, it continued went down to 68%. Friend suggested to reset or reboot the phone, so I did. But the problem still exist, I could not charge my battery (it remained 3% or less). I asked friend to use my own battery and try to charge it through her phone and charger, it stopped at 2% and never go up after more than 5 mins.

Went to buy a new battery (original) next day, at the dealer's shop, the new battery was chargeable by using their charger (from 62% to 68%). So I shut off my phone and went back home. Just about 20 minutes time later, I took out the phone, it was very hot so I on it again, the battery showed 43%, so I charged it using my own charger (original) but not successful, the battery % kept dropping until 26%. Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

this might be a software problem
go to recovery and clear cache then data/factory reset

Michael Smith49

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
my Samsung galaxy A5 is heating up around power button on the top right corner of the screen them spreads all over the phone until the entire phone is very hot."

it all started WHEN PLAYING MY GAME "MODERN COMBAT 5"
i loved this game and played for hours then later i realized that phone was heating up not sure from where but was so hot that it burnt my ears when answering call.
although i am game addict i love to keep my phone charged up.
but the battery was draining very quickly so i told a friend about the issue and he told me it could be your game.
i would rather delete the game that to loose the phone so i deleted all the apps one by one and tried turn it off charged it and the battery when from 95% to 55% in 30 minutes with out using it so i turn it off and left it un plugged to charger to see if the phone would cool down.
i checked it after an (1) hour and i realized that the heat was coming from the area around the power/lock bottom(rem still hot and phone is off)
so i tuned it on and the phone was even hotter that before, now the entire phone is hot and battery is now at 2% :mad:

so i went to buy a new battery (original) and :mad: cross checked all the issues an it was all the same the phone was still hot consuming or wasting battery power. so i didn't play with and master reset it and later factory reset it to be at new paste with new battery and fresh start but that didn't fix anything battery was charging heating around the power lock key and charging very slow.

what must be changed to solve the issue or is my Samsung galaxy A5 lost forever

someone help plz!!!!!!.........

Az Androiddev

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Regarding the software issues, I'd suggest trying to find the culprit via Better Battery Stats or a comparable app, which is easier than deleting a lot of apps.

Michael: a phone that heats up while turned off sounds like a shorted circuit.

FantailMike

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem. Battery draining very quickly even when phone is turned completely off. This points to a hardware problem as no apps are active. I did same as you by swapping batteries with my wife's identical S3. This confirmed that my battery was OK as it worked OK in my wife's phone and her battery discharged very quickly in my phone even when off. So it must be a hardware problem. Only way to stop battery from discharging is to remove it from the phone. It then stays charged overnight so battery is OK. Unfortunately phone does not work without battery!

Next stage is to open it up and look for a physical sign of over-heating or an electrical short. Otherwise find a real phone hardware expert and discuss with them. Will keep you posted on progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781