Hi,

New Galaxy S3 owner, previous phone was a Nokia N8.

I can't seem to find a way to access the camera from the lock screen when PIN security is enabled. I've found several guides but a crucial aspect is different on my phone: the option to use Swipe and PIN unlock together is missing in my Settings. Can anyone help me here? I'm not interested in using anything lower than PIN security for this phone.

Also, what's the quickest way to eject a µSD card? At the moment it seems to be:
    Settings > More > Storage > (then scroll down to) Unmount SD card
    That's pretty laborious. On the N8 I used to just depress the Power button and choose, "Unmount F: Storage". The microSD slot wasn't hidden beneath the back case, though, so was generally more accessible.

I'll add this to my sig later, but I should state that I'm not currently interested in custom ROMs or rooting. This device is in warranty and, for the time-being, it's going to stay that way
    10-15-2014 09:45 AM
    So, the ability to access apps on the lockscreen just unceremoniously disappears between 4.1.2 and 4.3? With no alternative? What a gyp.

Go Android…
    10-28-2014 08:36 AM
    The method that you listed is the quickest way, although given the difficulty in getting to the SD card I'm not sure it's an issue.

I thought there were some 3rd party applications that you could use to put the Camera app on your lockscreen when you were using a PIN, but it's been awhile since I messed with that.
    11-05-2014 07:04 PM