Currently, I don't have any external memory (SD Card) but I'm planning to buy this weekend and transfer my apps and files there.
    Will this help reducing lag and RAM consumption? Is there a possibility to increase or switch the internal memory?

Thanks for helping.
    10-24-2014 02:16 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately it will probably not improve either item that you listed - SD card access time is slower than the internal memory access time. With that said, you may see some improvement if your internal memory is close to being full (less than 1GB or so) - the apps and OS use the internal memory for caching and if there's not enough room for that then operation can be affected.

RAM usage doesn't depend on whether or not you have an SD card - it's determined by how many apps you have opened.

Edit: I've seen a place that advertises being able to replace the internal memory, but it's cost prohibitive. You'd be better off finding a device with more internal memory.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 05:05 PM