S3 i9305 today updated to KitKat (4.4.4) and strange happenings!

six_h

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Just been listening to some music via my BT headphones and I found that upon switching off the Bluetooth, the NFC fired up!
This only happens after some external equipment has been paired, it doesn't happen if I just turn on BT and then turn it off without making any pairing.
Can't find anything to stop this happening and it's not only annoying, it sucks the life out of my battery!
I don't use NFC due to the security issues associated with it.
Anyone else with this problem?
Anyone clever enough to have found a solution? :D

six_h

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks B. Diddy.
My S3 is "unrooted", .. I'm not clever enough to "get down and dirty" with it! :D

'cos it is the i9305 version, it has 2GB RAM, and Google told me that Samsung (eventually) would bless me with KitKat!
As only "Sod's Law and Samsung" can, after many months of anticipation they delivered it to my phone two days before I go on vacation so I'm going to live with it as it is,and just keep an eye on it 'til I get back as I don't want to risk being without a phone whilst away!

Thank you for the link to the recovery mode guide, I didn't know about that!
I'll try it as soon as I get home again and will post back.

Legfitter

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi, same problem here. I'd already tried clearing the cache partition without success. Other than that and the fact the update broke video playback on the BBC Sport app it's a great update. Just a minor annoyance but a fix would be good. Any other ideas? It's certainly not worth a factory reset for me but if you get any success please let me know.

KatG2016

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Did you end up finding a fix for this problem? My phone only got upgraded a couple of weeks ago, but the constant activation of NFC is driving me bonkers...

Thank you.

six_h

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi KatG2016, sorry to B. Diddy and all, never posted back after my holiday!
I didn't try the cache partition wipe for fear of upsetting something else!
Have learned to live with one eye on the dratted NFC but still interested to hear if anyone manages to defeat it!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer