Stuck in boot at samsung Galaxy S3 screen

jesjaspers

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone has got stuck at this screen and will not boot up. I have tried the usual take out the battery etc - no joy.
I then cold rebooted by pressing all 3 buttons, finally doing a factory reset as I'm not concerned about loosing any data.
It still is stuck at the same place.

Can I reinstall android? If so how do I do this?
OR any other solution recomended?

TX

ZZR Puig

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Same thing here.

I haven't tried the factory reset yet, since I may have some relevant data in the phone since the last backup and I don't take for granted that a backup restoration will be successful. I prefer to wait until I tried everything else before I erase all the data.

A few weeks ago I had the same problem and I managed to solve it by cleaning the cache partition. Now it doesn't help either. It started to behave strange a few days ago, when WhatsApp logo disappeared from the home screen and didn't allow the app to be reinstalled from GooglePlay store. A few days later all remaining icons in the home screens disappeared as well, except for the few default ones (Camera, GooglePlay, ...). Yesterday it rebooted itself spontaneously when trying to open GoogleMaps and gets stuck in the boot screen where the Samsung logo glows intermittently.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ZZR Puig

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I finally ended up doing a factory reset.

The phone is back to life. However all files were erased, including pictures and videos, despite that this is not supposed to happen. Quite disappointing.

Even if the pictures are backed up somewhere else on the cloud, the Albums are not restored, so it becomes really tedious, and probably very hard, to actually recover them to their original state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12