Internet has stopped

xspy43

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Since two days, i have a problem sometimes when typing a word in the search bar of Internet application, it freezes and a message appears saying "Internet has stopped".

I tried to wipe cache and datas into Internet application but it's the same result.

I tried a wipe cache partition from recovery mode and it's the same result.

I have made some updates into google play of google apps and it seems to be linked but i can't be sure.

Can you help me please ?

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. How to boot the Galaxy S3 into Safe mode?

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

xspy43

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.

I have tested safe mode but it's the same result.
I have uninstalled all updates i have made last week and tried to install its again one by one and testing between each application.
It seems my problem is linked to Google application last update or Talkback application last update because when i uninstall its, the problem doesn't appear.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I doubt it's Talkback. Do you ever use it? If not, I'd just uninstall all updates to that and Disable it in the App Manager.

If the problem persists and it seems related to the Google app, then I wonder if the Google app accesses the stock Internet browser's URL search bar, and some problem with that function is causing the incompatibility. If that's the case, then your main options are to wait for Google updates the main Google app again, roll back to the previously known working version of the Google app (which would require locating the apk file--not always recommended, since apk sources usually aren't vetted for malware), or temporarily use a different browser until Google updates their app.

xspy43

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
To complete my answer, i have finished by installing again Talkback update yesterday and i have no problem for the moment. I think it's related to the last update of Google application. I have found a menu in Internet options that specify it uses the Google application to make search then I think there is a link between Internet stock browser and Google app. I will wait for a new update, it's working fine without any Google update. Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star