Since today I have been getting the following error message on my device:

"Encryption failed.

Unable to complete encryption due to interruption. Perform factory data reset (erasing all your data) before use. After resetting, try encrypting device again."

I am not sure what causes this, as my phone was working fine yesterday.
    I am also unable to boot into download mode due to my volume up key not working.
    09-23-2016 02:54 AM
    I asked in your other thread--did you or anyone else try to encrypt the phone at some point?

If your Vol Up button is broken, you're going to have problems getting anything done at this point. You may have to consider bringing it to a local repair shop, at least to repair the volume button. If that starts working, then maybe you could boot into Recovery Mode (to do a cache partition wipe or factory reset) or Download Mode (to re-flash the stock ROM).
    09-24-2016 11:06 PM
    I asked in your other thread--did you or anyone else try to encrypt the phone at some point?

If your Vol Up button is broken, you're going to have problems getting anything done at this point. You may have to consider bringing it to a local repair shop, at least to repair the volume button. If that starts working, then maybe you could boot into Recovery Mode (to do a cache partition wipe or factory reset) or Download Mode (to re-flash the stock ROM).
    Hello.

I probably should have specified in my main post that I was originally trying to resolve the issues without deleting all my data.
    However, being the impatient person that I am (and the fact that I needed access to my phone) I have since decided to click the factory reset button and unfortunately delete all my data.

Also, to answer your question (even though it does not really matter anymore), no I (or anyone else) did not attempt to encrypt the phone.

I appreciate your help, and I apologize for not being very clear in my main post.

Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-25-2016 02:56 AM
    Did the reset work?
    09-25-2016 01:22 PM
    Did the reset work?
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Yes the reset did indeed work.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-12-2016 03:39 AM