Why does the audio not go through my headset when I make a call?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently bought the steelseries arctis 1 wireless heaadset. Until today the usb-c connection worked fine with my android tablet (I have Samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 tablet). The problem is when I try to make a call through discord or skype the audio does not go through the headset. Instead it keeps using the speakers of the tablet as the output. The microphone of the headset does work. The problem only occurs during calls, when I play music on the tablet the sound does go through the headset.

At first I thought the headset was the problem, but the usb-c connection works fine when I try to make a call on other devices. When I connect other headphones through bluetooth on the tablet it works fine, the headphone jack is also working. I already tried restarting my tablet, looked into the settings and eventually I tried resetting the tablet completley. So far nothing worked, during calls the sound keeps playing through the speakers while it says that the headphones are connected.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I already tried everything I could think of.