Bluetooth device battery monitoring help sought.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
ok, given my preference for apps where I can pay to make any ads go byebye(one time for life payment thing)...

I'm looking for yet another app to monitor something.

in this instance, I need an app/widget that will allow for monitoring of my connected bluetooth devices.

such as my insignia bluetooth headphones, or my oontz angle 3 ultra bluetooth speaker.

both have battery capacities that mean I'll likely go days without a top up charge, and as a result haven't the first clue how much of a charge is in a given bluetooth device.

so, my fellow android enthusiasts, is there an app/widget that allows for this, WITHOUT my having to go through three menus...that I can just glance at and know?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, here's a native option: create a Settings widget for your Devices. Go through the steps of creating a Settings widget, and select Devices from the options. Tapping that widget will bring up your Bluetooth device list, and the battery level of any of the devices that are currently connected.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth battery status shows in my quick settings panel on my Pixel 2xl (Android 10). It shows under the Bluetooth icon in that panel.

I also have a couple devices with companion apps from their manufacturer that show this in a notification in the notification shade.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Bluetooth battery status shows in my quick settings panel on my Pixel 2xl (Android 10). It shows under the Bluetooth icon in that panel.

I also have a couple devices with companion apps from their manufacturer that show this in a notification in the notification shade.

my tablet(Samsung) doesnt do that with the quick settngs, and companion app? is there even one for the oontz angle 3 bluetooth speaker?

Ok, here's a native option: create a Settings widget for your Devices. Go through the steps of creating a Settings widget, and select Devices from the options. Tapping that widget will bring up your Bluetooth device list, and the battery level of any of the devices that are currently connected.

how do I do that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long-press any empty part of the homescreen and tap Widgets. Scroll down to Settings, then drag and drop it to the homescreen. It will then present you with a list of possible system settings for the widget -- select Devices.

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
settings does not appear to exist as a widget on android 10, on samsung galaxy tab a 8.0(2019)...not with nova launcher running in any event.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's useful -- but still technically two taps to get there. A Settings widget would be one tap to get to that Bluetooth devices screen ...

xraiderv1

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
also..I would screenshot but the last time I tried screenshotting anything on a samsung, I spent two hours and gave up and just took a photo with my phone..
side note, pretty much the only real failing of samsung that I've ever encountered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12