Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 (US version, still haven't received Android 10 update.) This tablet loses charge fairly quickly. I use it primarily to stream TV show episodes, usually two-three episodes at a time and I feel like the battery goes down 50% each time. Is it normal for this type of a tablet, which is lower end than other Samsung ones? My Galaxy S10+ phone holds a much longer charge, but it's two different "species" sort of to say.

I don't have multi-apps running or any background apps running (not that I know of anyway.) Battery settings state that device is optimized.

I was hoping the Android 10 update would improve battery life but US versions seem not have gotten the update yet.

Anyone have any feedback on this? Thanks!
    09-06-2020 02:35 PM
    If you're watching 3 episodes, that's about 3 hours. The screen-on time for the average device is usually around 6 hours or so, so 50% battery drain doesn't sound too unusual. I don't have that specific tablet, though, so I can't test it myself.

You can use AccuBattery to check the battery health as well. If you use this tablet regularly, and routinely let its battery discharge deeply, it's possible for the battery to deteriorate significantly even in as short a time as one year.
    thefairyfolk likes this.
    09-06-2020 04:28 PM
    And if your battery has experienced degradation, a replacement is a fairly simple task to get back to decent battery life.

B. Diddy and thefairyfolk like this.
    09-06-2020 05:19 PM
    Thanks! I don't think it degraded that much yet. I've only had the tablet for about two months.
    If you're watching 3 episodes, that's about 3 hours. The screen-on time for the average device is usually around 6 hours or so, so 50% battery drain doesn't sound too unusual. I don't have that specific tablet, though, so I can't test it myself.

You can use AccuBattery to check the battery health as well. If you use this tablet regularly, and routinely let its battery discharge deeply, it's possible for the battery to deteriorate significantly even in as short a time as one year.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-08-2020 08:15 PM
    I don't think it degraded that far yet, as I only got the tablet in June. Thanks! I'll keep it iny for the future though!
    And if your battery has experienced degradation, a replacement is a fairly simple task to get back to decent battery life.

09-08-2020 08:16 PM