Hi!
    I have a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) with an OTG cable and a Huawei mobile stick with sim and mobile net. Almost all kind of net communications work, but there are some APPs that say “there is no net”.
    I’ve checked and there are no settings for them to allow wifi and cellular... or other restrictions. So I dont know what to do. I dont know even that the stick net is what kind of net, cause it is not wifi (ovbiously) and no cellular either.

For example my HBO GO app doesnt work it says no net. But my Netflix works perfectly.
    Any idea or cheat or solution?
    (Im in hospital so no ... getting wifi is not option)
    Million thanks!
    09-14-2020 03:08 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this the Huawei mobile stick you're talking about? https://www.amazon.com/HUAWEI-MS2372...cUvbUpU6859084

Did someone give it to you? This kind of thing would presumably require the user to be paying for a mobile service. Also, I'm curious -- the hospital you're in doesn't have wi-fi available for the public? Pretty much all hospitals in the US have public wi-fi, but I'm not sure what it's like in other countries.

This is an unusual way to obtain network access on an Android device, so my guess is that there's some odd API issue that certain apps aren't designed to handle.
    09-14-2020 11:57 AM
    Hi!
    No, its a mini wifi. What I have is a Huawei e3372 USB dongle. And as I wrote it works perfectly with 90%of the apps and services.

Im in Hungary - Europe where they give the treatment but not the wifi. Its a better life believe me 😅
    09-15-2020 12:43 AM
    From what I can see on the product website, it's a 4G dongle, which means it's receiving a 4G data signal from some wireless carrier.

I still think it has to do with certain apps not being compatible with wired internet -- so if you had an OTG adapter for Ethernet, that probably wouldn't work either for those apps. But I'm only speculating at this time.
    09-15-2020 12:52 AM
    Thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-15-2020 02:26 AM