Yes, I know this is a relatively low end Samsung tablet. But for $159 for the 32GB 2GB RAM black model, I thought to myself, why not?

I specifically got this tablet cuz I want to use it for editing video files using an Android app called PowerDirector by Cyberlink. I'm using the same PowerDirector app on my Note 10+ phone which works fine, but I want a larger 10.1" tablet screen which makes it easier to manipulate video files.

I was concerned that the measly 2GB of RAM would cause the tablet to crash or choke on the many video files for editing, but actually the sucker works pretty well to my surprise! Yes, it's a bit slow to process all the multiple videos on the tablet, it's way faster on my Note 10+ phone. But hey, I can now more easily do stuff on a larger screen, so it's worth it for me.

I inserted a Sandisk 256GB micro-sd card on sale for $40 from Best Buy so now I just save all my processed videos and pictures to the SD card.

What I like about Samsung stuff is that when I attached a USB-C cable from the tablet to my Windows PC laptop, the tablet is immediately recognized as an external hard drive so I can simply copy and paste files back and forth between devices (which is what I'm able to do on my Note 10+ and other Android phones). I also like the Samsung "My Files" file browser app, works great for copying files back and forth from an external USB stick.

So far I'm rather pleased with this tablet, just a little shout out for this device.
    j_hansen and BergerKing like this.
    12-03-2019 11:11 AM
    You can also get it for free at TMobile (although it comes with a 20-dollar monthly DIGITS line). But if you're gonna go that route, I'd recommend either the iPad (50% off) or the Tab S6 which is currently 350 with them. It's the 128GB version, but still a pretty great darn deal if you can 'stomach' the DIGITS line charge.
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    12-03-2019 11:38 AM
    You can also get it for free at TMobile (although it comes with a 20-dollar monthly DIGITS line). But if you're gonna go that route, I'd recommend either the iPad (50% off) or the Tab S6 which is currently 350 with them. It's the 128GB version, but still a pretty great darn deal if you can 'stomach' the DIGITS line charge.

Thanks for the suggestion! But I don't want to sign up for a TMobile account. Plus I don't use an iPad or any Apple products whatsoever, haha! :-)
    kct1975 and BergerKing like this.
    12-03-2019 12:25 PM
    I just ordered one a couple of days ago, 2gb/32gb/wifi version, I have the Note 10 plus 5G but wanted a little bit bigger screen for when chilling in my recliner armchair watching YouTube or reading about tech, it should be handy for movies and music when travelling as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2020 02:55 PM
    Back when I had the Tab 3, it was a great little tablet, and unlike most of its Wi-Fi model brethren, it was a 16 gig/1.5 gig RAM device. Having used a Wi-Fi only tablet, it was amazing how much smoother it was in direct comparison. Sounds like you got a nice deal there!

I use a 32 gig Fire tablet I got on a special deal back in 2018. It, too, has 1.5 gig of RAM, and functions well unless I push it hard. It can't quite keep up with my Note 9, but it's great for media consumption and light game play.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2020 04:38 PM