Hello!
    I purchased my tablet back in August for school and overall love it, but have run into storage issues with the internal storage size. I purchased a micro sd card for the tablet but despite my research have been unable to set it to my default storage device, resulting in every app being installed on the main device which only has about 5 GB available after all the internal files which for some reason take up a massive 11 GB. How can I make my sd card act as internal storage to fix this issue?
    12-04-2019 08:37 AM
    That is correct. That option has been long removed from Android as SD cards are wildly unreliable and, in terms of security, a lot less safe. Some apps (depending on the dev) will still allow you to move them to SD card (from the App Info section in the Storage option), but remember that the MAIN app file HAS to reside in Internal Memory no matter what. Also bear in mind that even if you move apps to SD card, when updating, these might be moved back to Internal Memory since that's where installation processes can take place and, again, where the main app files must reside.

There are 'hacks' you can do to make the tablet 'think' the SD card is part of the internal storage, but this comes with the usual warnings and potential for data loss since, as stated before and as you can find in the many many many 'I had data on my SD card, now it's gone! Help!' threads here and also speaking from personal experience.
    12-04-2019 08:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You could see if this works to enable Adoptable Storage: https://www.xda-developers.com/enabl...7-and-s7-edge/
    12-04-2019 10:52 AM