itunes on galaxly tab 10.1

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
has anyone been able to get their itunes library moved to the galaxy tab 10.1? I think this would be the only thing that would make my tab complete. love everything else about it.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just sign up for music beta and upload your itunes library to google. Then you have the choice to just stream on your tab or download certain playlists that you pick and choose. Way better than itunes!

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The only caveat is if you have any DRM protected content (purchased from iTunes prior the them going DRM-free) then that content will not transfer.

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just sign up for music beta and upload your itunes library to google. Then you have the choice to just stream on your tab or download certain playlists that you pick and choose. Way better than itunes!

wow thanks for the info everyone! how do you sign up for music beta? I'm assuming your talking about the google music icon on the tab

TSX05

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
The only caveat is if you have any DRM protected content (purchased from iTunes prior the them going DRM-free) then that content will not transfer.

ok, but everything that i imported from CD's (wow how the world has changed) should convert over ok right?

anon(152033)

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had to use Isyncr to get them off my mac onto my phone. Then copied the files off my phone onto my tab. It was a process. But it worked. I have my music and playlists on my tab. Google Music is the player of choice here.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
ok, but everything that i imported from CD's (wow how the world has changed) should convert over ok right?

Absolutely. And to sign up for Google Music, just go to music.google.com and request an invitation. Usually takes around a week or two to get your invite, but some have gotten them within a day or two. Once you get your invite, you can upload all your music to the servers, and then stream from the app on your Tab

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, I have a different view now on Google Music. It has been two full days of uploading, consuming nearly all of the bandwidth (10MB down, 1MB up), just to get 250 or so songs uploaded, and I have nearly 2,000 to go. This is just way too slow. It works great for listening but getting them to the cloud takes forever. DoubleTwist works great to get it over from iTunes. Plus, if you download AirTwist for a few dollars from the Android Market you can transfer all of the music from DoubleTwist from your Mac or PC to your 10.1 by WIFI. It took me 2 hours or so to get 2,000+ songs over by WIFI, plus it brought in all the names, artists, songs, genres, iTunes playlists, etc.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have a different view now on Google Music. It has been two full days of uploading, consuming nearly all of the bandwidth (10MB down, 1MB up), just to get 250 or so songs uploaded, and I have nearly 2,000 to go. This is just way too slow. It works great for listening but getting them to the cloud takes forever. DoubleTwist works great to get it over from iTunes. Plus, if you download AirTwist for a few dollars from the Android Market you can transfer all of the music from DoubleTwist from your Mac or PC to your 10.1 by WIFI. It took me 2 hours or so to get 2,000+ songs over by WIFI, plus it brought in all the names, artists, songs, genres, iTunes playlists, etc.

Only 250 songs in two days? What is the average file size of your library? I was able to transfer 2,500 songs in less than a day at around 4mb per song.

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
6 to 13 in size. They are are highest apple quality. It may be that I got invited late to the game and too many people are now swamping their servers. When did you upload yours?

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Only 250 songs in two days? What is the average file size of your library? I was able to transfer 2,500 songs in less than a day at around 4mb per song.

Same here. I had over 6500 songs uploaded in 3-4 days. I would do a speedtest on your computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci