Movie format frustration

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to transfer digital copies of movies that are in itunes on my mac in m4v format to my tab 10.1. I had no idea m4v format was not accepted on the tab and I am frustrated :mad:. It is in the quickoffice app but will not open. I need to convert it some way to an acceptable tab video format such as mp4.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It is in the quickoffice app but will not open.

Are you saying you are trying to watch videos within the QuickOffice app? Why aren't you using the Video app? I have an original Galaxy Tab (7 in), and it plays m4v movies no problem. I am assuming the Tab 10.1 can play everything my Tab can.

But, as other poster said, Handbrake is great at coverting videos to and from all kinds of formats.

charley

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying you are trying to watch videos within the QuickOffice app? Why aren't you using the Video app? I have an original Galaxy Tab (7 in), and it plays m4v movies no problem. I am assuming the Tab 10.1 can play everything my Tab can.

But, as other poster said, Handbrake is great at coverting videos to and from all kinds of formats.

It will be able to play anything the GT 7" does when it gets Touchwiz.

Alternatively, OP - have you tried RockPlayer or Mobo Player? One of those should play your movie.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I totally glossed over that...

Why are you using QuickOffice? If they don't shop up in your gallery, reboot the device and then see if they show up there.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to transfer digital copies of movies that are in itunes on my mac in m4v format to my tab 10.1. I had no idea m4v format was not accepted on the tab and I am frustrated :mad:. It is in the quickoffice app but will not open. I need to convert it some way to an acceptable tab video format such as mp4.

Hang on a sec... I'm playing M4V files on my SGT 10.1 just fine. My files aren't coming from iTunes though. I have used DVDmobile which has an iPad output setting. I've been using that to create my M4V files and they look and play fantastic on the SGT. Maybe you're seeing a DRM issue - were these movies purchased from iTunes?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hang on a sec... I'm playing M4V files on my SGT 10.1 just fine. My files aren't coming from iTunes though. I have used DVDmobile which has an iPad output setting. I've been using that to create my M4V files and they look and play fantastic on the SGT. Maybe you're seeing a DRM issue - were these movies purchased from iTunes?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No, the movies were digital copies that came with a blu ray purchase, I downloaded onto my mac and they go into itunes by default as an m4v file. When I synced my tab with my mac, the movies transfered as an m4v file into the quickoffice folder, when I tried to play the movie I received an error message stating video format not supported

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Where is the video app located?

tlphipps

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
No, the movies were digital copies that came with a blu ray purchase, I downloaded onto my mac and they go into itunes by default as an m4v file. When I synced my tab with my mac, the movies transfered as an m4v file into the quickoffice folder, when I tried to play the movie I received an error message stating video format not supported

Those video files are protected with drm just like iTunes music files used to be. They will only play in iTunes or apple mobile devices.

estigall

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am using OJOsoft VOB converter. I am converting them to WMV, can someone tell me what are the best setting for the GTab.

Video

Frame With:
Frame Heigth:
Data Rate:
Total Bitrate:
Frame Rate:

Audio

Bit Rate:
Audio Sample Rate:

Please let me know of any other solution.......

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Those video files are protected with drm just like iTunes music files used to be. They will only play in iTunes or apple mobile devices.

Bingo. Those digital copies are a marketing scam, IMO. A good DVD ripper is a must: any format, no drm, any size, any device.... My ripped m4v files play beautifully on my 10.1

Westifire

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else's computer just asks if you want it converted before it transfers?

Just wondering because mine's does that for every video/movie and so far they've worked perfectly.

I've transfered BDs, DVDs, animes, mkv, mp4, avi and converted to wmvs. Only problem is they jump in filesize somtimes depending on which container is being converted.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else's computer just asks if you want it converted before it transfers?

Just wondering because mine's does that for every video/movie and so far they've worked perfectly.

I've transfered BDs, DVDs, animes, mkv, mp4, avi and converted to wmvs. Only problem is they jump in filesize somtimes depending on which container is being converted.

Yes, mine always asks, but since I know they'll play, I don't.

Bogie

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine asks as well. I've been making m4v files with DVDFab and not converting them and everything has played fine. Back to watching Firefly. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt