Annoying Browser Issue

mapleleaf14#AC

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been having a very annoying issue lately with the stock browser and I'm wondering if anyone else is.

After being "on" for a few hours, whenever I attempt to open a web page, it seems to get stuck about 1/4 of the way in and just stops. I am not able to go back or stop and reload, etc. I then have to hold the home key down to finally go back. Clearing the cache, force stop...nothing helps except turning the tab off then back on.

This also seems to affect the YouTube app as well...the opening page on YouTube will open and I can perform a search, but no videos will play, I just get the buffering screen and the video never plays.

I have attempted to remove a couple apps that I'm pretty sure I added around the time this started happening to no avail.

Seems only totally restarting the tab helps.

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had a similar thing happen where the browser stops around 1/4 of the way, but never it completely crashing the tab.

mapleleaf14#AC

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't necessarily crash the tab...other apps work like games, Google+, etc.

Only seems to affect the browser and YouTube. It's very strange.

The "reboot" is what I do to alleviate that problem.

Knock on wood,after the latest reboot it seems to be working pretty good, maybe one of the apps I removed might've helped.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I found this occuring when there are many tabs open. I closed them all then reopened browser. Problem gone. Unfortunately the nature of browser opens pages many times in a new tab. Got to close tabs rather then going directly back to home screen.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Instead of rebooting try turning wifi of then back on and see if this temporarily corrects the issue. If so, then I am having the same issue as you guys and it is super annoying

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Instead of rebooting try turning wifi of then back on and see if this temporarily corrects the issue. If so, then I am having the same issue as you guys and it is super annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac