wallpaper

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to properly size wallpaper for the home screen for this tab? I've tried and can't seem to get the paper sized correctly at all.

Thanks.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
A couple of options:

If you find a picture you would like to use on the web (google images, deviant art, etc.) you can long press the image and set as wallpaper. If the image is sized big enough, it will fill the screen without cropping.

You can also use apps from the market, such a Wallpaper Wizardrii, which will bypass the cropping as well

bryers01

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yea I am having the same issue. I pull down wallpaper that is 1920 x 1280 and try to set them and I get the cropped version all the time. I have tried a number of different programs and I get the same results with just the center of the pictures zoomed in. If anyone finds out a way around this let me know. I have looked for setting I might have messed with but no luck so far. Thanks for any help you might have.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There isn't a setting for it, that is just the way Honeycomb is set up... Wallpaper Wizardrii works without cropping.

Another solution is to use a template that has the cropping areas built in. You use a photo editing program, like Photoshop, to place the image you want for your wallpaper onto this template, and after cropping, the full image is preserved. I remember seeing it on another forum. I'll see if I can't find it and bring it over

Edit: I found the template, but it was made for the Xoom. Doesn't quite fit the same, so I'll work on tweaking it until I get it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: bryers01

bryers01

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a setting for it, that is just the way Honeycomb is set up... Wallpaper Wizardrii works without cropping.

Another solution is to use a template that has the cropping areas built in. You use a photo editing program, like Photoshop, to place the image you want for your wallpaper onto this template, and after cropping, the full image is preserved. I remember seeing it on another forum. I'll see if I can't find it and bring it over
Wallpaper Wizardrii works a lot better and I can live with the results it gives me. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech