wifi only galaxy tab? dont bother

no1much

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, i was one of the many people who purchased the 7 inch tablet from samsung, and if there's one mistake i will never make again its to buy the wifi only version.

Its basically the poor relation of the sim card version, its weaker in most ways ( yes i didn't bother comparing the specs of the gt-p1000 and the gt-p1010 its my fault, i know, but i thought galaxy tab is galaxy tab)There's zero support for it , if you try to get product support online the model doesn't even exist, and most importantly to me. When it comes to updates , they've left it out in the cold. Where sim carded versions are basking in the warm glow of gingerbreadey goodness, us wifi only users are shivering in the arctic tundra of froyo (yes yes slightly over dramatic)with rumours that we will never get updated!!

Im not saying they will do the same with this gen of galaxy tabs
but bare this in mind when making your choice.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, i was one of the many people who purchased the 7 inch tablet from samsung, and if there's one mistake i will never make again its to buy the wifi only version.

Its basically the poor relation of the sim card version, its weaker in most ways ( yes i didn't bother comparing the specs of the gt-p1000 and the gt-p1010 its my fault, i know, but i thought galaxy tab is galaxy tab)There's zero support for it , if you try to get product support online the model doesn't even exist, and most importantly to me. When it comes to updates , they've left it out in the cold. Where sim carded versions are basking in the warm glow of gingerbreadey goodness, us wifi only users are shivering in the arctic tundra of froyo (yes yes slightly over dramatic)with rumours that we will never get updated!!

Im not saying they will do the same with this gen of galaxy tabs
but bare this in mind when making your choice.

I could register my wifi tab no problem. Remember, the wifi versions were the first released, so the support exists for them.

The wifi 7 inch tab came out months after the 3g versions, when Samsung had already announced it's replacement (the tab 8.9 and 10.1)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol