Battery Charge time

dpkim

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello! Hope you don't mind my asking but I've searched through the GT10.1 forum but no one seems to be questioning this so I thought I would throw this out there.

I've had my GT10.1 for about a week and a half and I've only needed to charge it 3 times but each time take at least 4 hours to get to 100%. Is this normal considering how long the battery lasts? The guy at best buy said that it should take 1.5 hours for a full charge... but I'm beginning to think he was the one mistaken. Our 14-day return window is coming to a close & I'm wondering if this is a reason to exchange our tablet. So far I am loving it, mainly using it at home but we did take it on a short road trip for which I loaded it up with Thomas & Friends episodes for my two year old! Thanks to all the forum members for all the helpful posts!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It is normal....the tab has a huge 7000mah battery. Takes some time to replenish all that juice

sent to you in three dimensions

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
yes it does take a while to charge, especially if you run it down to 10% or so. i just let it charge overnight in that situation.

techiegirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the Galaxy today and am charging right now. I haven't turned the device on yet, but I'm not seeing any light indicating that it is charging. How would I know when it's fully charged?

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless it's on you won't know. The lock screen will provide battery status information.

It's a lipo ion battery so while giving a full charge / discharge cycle is a good idea you can use it while it's charging.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks rsix. One more question. Do you know of the iPhone/iPad chargers will work?
No problem. I don't believe it would work, but the chargers are both 2a chargers so if the plug fits you can try it. My suspicion is apple would make the connector just different enough so it won't work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21