Netflix 1.3 works on the GT 10.1

charley

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
If you can't load it in the market, the apk is available at XDA's GT 10.1 forums. Holy crap, they release it for my Vibrant and GT 10.1 on the same day? Somebody pinch me.

rebornr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
OK I tried this and get it to work. Can some one create a very specific step process to get this to work
I found this link that explains it:

How To: Netflix 1.3 for Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Honeycomb Tablets

I downloaded the apk file from here (I'm on a Mac so I can't use exe files):

http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/com.netflix.mediaclient_246.apk

Note: When I downloaded the file to my desktop there were multiple .apk suffixes - I deleted the extras.

Then I put the file in my Dropbox and downloaded the file from the Dropbox to a folder. Used a file manager (any will do I think) to find and click the file and it installed without any problems. Works great on my 10.1 Tab. Resolution is a bit low though - but it works!!

Reactions: nate44 and walhalla

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you're able to install non market apps. The tab is set not to by default. You can change it in settings.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, first time doing an apk so forgive my newb question. I downloaded the apk directly to my Tab, nowvwhat? Tried opening the filevwith Astro, but it wouldn't. Appreciate the help!

Nevermind, figured it out guys. :)

Last edited:

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I found this link that explains it:

How To: Netflix 1.3 for Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Honeycomb Tablets

I downloaded the apk file from here (I'm on a Mac so I can't use exe files):

http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/files/com.netflix.mediaclient_246.apk

Note: When I downloaded the file to my desktop there were multiple .apk suffixes - I deleted the extras.

Then I put the file in my Dropbox and downloaded the file from the Dropbox to a folder. Used a file manager (any will do I think) to find and click the file and it installed without any problems. Works great on my 10.1 Tab. Resolution is a bit low though - but it works!!
This worked great. Netflix looks good on the 10.1.

aggie92

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
NoMoreBlackberry...make sure you follow the selection to go to Settings-Applications and allow third-party apps to be installed. It is defaulted to off, so you will need to change it.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So is it me or is the vid quakity a bit sub-par? Seems a bit fuzzy/blurry like it was just not optimized for the awesome resolution of the tab. To compare, I played the same vid on my iPad2 and there was a significant difference imo. Anyone else think so?

Thx for the install help btw! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12