Dlna (allshare)

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased tab 10.1 and was looking forward to the allshare app, however there is not one on my device... Is there just a fault with my product or is the allshare app not on the 10.1 tab? When researching the tab i learned that the tab had allshare... Dlna is really important to me so please let me know if this is just my device or if samsung forgot to include the app

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
ugh... I would have hoped not...without usb and micro sd, DLNA is the only way I can stream movies...hope this doesnt take too long and definitely puts a dent in my samsung enjoyment vs Transformer....

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Allshare will be included in the Touchwiz Enhancement.. There are quite a few other screen enhancements that will be on the device as well with that update... And as to the USB issue.. there is a USB adapter that works wonderfully well on the device.. in the mean time you could use the HDMI adapter to watch the videos...

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using Skifta from the Android Market to utilize DLNA streaming. It works very well for me so far to view pictures and video from my Sony VAIO,

Reactions: nate44

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Allshare will be included in the Touchwiz Enhancement.. There are quite a few other screen enhancements that will be on the device as well with that update... And as to the USB issue.. there is a USB adapter that works wonderfully well on the device.. in the mean time you could use the HDMI adapter to watch the videos...

Im sorry, but how will the hdmi adapter allow me to watch videos through tablet? I thought HDMI is used to output videos from tablet to tv? And I didnt want to purchase adapter because on my transformer I never used usb just the DLNA app that came with the tablet so I understood why samsung had neglected to have USB connectivity out the box and why including the allshare app was the way to go..

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using Skifta from the Android Market to utilize DLNA streaming. It works very well for me so far to view pictures and video from my Sony VAIO,

Thanx I will give this a try. I just really liked the allshare app because its easy to setup on the GS1 phones and was just a great experience. Usually DLNA apps from the market are a lot less clean and harder to manipulate. But I will try. THank you

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
And let's see the Allshare app would allow video viewing on the tablet? I thought you were searching for ways to broadcast the video signal to a HD TV... sorry..

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought you were searching for ways to broadcast the video signal to a HD TV... sorry..

Allshare works both ways as long as the devices support DNLA. Newer HDTVs and Bluray players that are network connected usually support DNLA. The Samsung products all seem to have a version of Allshare in the menu. My Sony BRP supports DNLA (well sort of).