charley

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You can, and I did. It does not work, though. I expect HBO will eventually get off of their asses and update the app. I watch HBO go through the browser in desktop mode.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My Tab runs HBOGO just fine. I go on the website and sign in and play it.

What browser are you using? I am using Dolphin optimized for tablets and the playback is laggy and choppy. Won't work at all with Opera.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just tried this out on Dolphin HD and its working fine for me, navigating the site is balls, but its better than nothing.

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work on the native browser

In the address bar, type "about: debug" and press enter. Then, in the browser settings, go to UAString and select "desktop." Type "about:debug" then enter again to close the javascript console.

Now all websites will render the same way that they would on a PC or Mac, including HBO GO. It's laggy, but it works.

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
In the address bar, type "about: debug" and press enter. Then, in the browser settings, go to UAString and select "desktop." Type "about:debug" then enter again to close the javascript console.

Now all websites will render the same way that they would on a PC or Mac, including HBO GO. It's laggy, but it works.

Ever since the touch wiz update it seems like I have to redo this almost every other day or so its really annoying. Only certain sites seem to be impacted even though the Uastring was never changed. Unfortunately HBO Go is one of these sites.

Has anyone else had this issue?

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the touch wiz update it seems like I have to redo this almost every other day or so its really annoying. Only certain sites seem to be impacted even though the Uastring was never changed. Unfortunately HBO Go is one of these sites.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I have had that exact same problem and it is very annoying. That along with my bookmarks only syncing 1/4 of the way, I'm seriously considering DL an alternate browser again. Are there any that sync with Chrome for bookmarks?

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin HD is a great browser. Very customizable. Always in desktop. But HBO and now Max go are both still very choppy for me after a few minutes of streaming. Will have to wait for atrix apk like Netflix I guess. Some times I wish I bought an Ipad... they get all the apps. But then I would miss all my customization. The Galaxy Tab has turned me into a tablet interior designer.

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Sweet! I just got it to work. It was only laggy for a few minutes.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My problem with HBO go through the browser is that the faster my connection, the better quality the video HBO tries to give me. The better the video quality, the ****tier it runs on my Tab.

It's basically unwatchable on wifi. It's ok on 4g but it goes back and forth. On a good 3g connection it's fairly smooth but not that great picture quality.

zoyano

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having no luck playing this through Dolphin or the Android browser. It either gets choppy, or freezes half way through playing something. I wish they would just release the app for the tablet already.