wireless tethering options for galaxy tab

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone,

does anyone on here know how to tether the wifi galaxy tab 10.1 to another android phone (samsung fascinate)? I tried using barnacle and that did not work? i basically want to be able to connect to the internet when i dont' have wifi but have a 3g connection. i know there must be a ton of options, so if anyone has any advise or apps i should try out, i'd really appreciate it.

i saw on the motorolla forums that people were using an app called wireless tether. is that what everyone here uses?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I tether my Tab with my Evo4g when wifi is not available. I do this through the hotspot feature on the phone. It costs me $25 per month for the data through Sprint.

OC Mike

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Surprised you have difficulties. Your Samsung Fascinate shouldn't be that different from my Samsung I Vibrant. Go to settings. Go to Wireless. Then click on Mobile AP. Then enter your WSP secret password. If Done. I Turn on Tab 10.1. You should be in business.

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
whenever i start tethering on this app, wireless tether, i get an error message saying your phone is in an unknown state, try rebooting. i do that and it still gives me that error message. uggh!

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
using this program, i can connect to it but nothing else. When i open the browser it goes to Verizon website asking me to sign up for the mobile hotspot feature.
I am using a droid x rooted running gingerbread leak .565

peppersprayy

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
a lot of these people state they are tethering but what devices are they tethering with is the question. I can tether using the Wifi tethering adroid app with my Windows 7 laptop. When i try with my Galaxy tablet 10.1 my connection is stuck just trying to obtain an IP address. This is without encryption. I have tried other apps as well, but the only app i was able to get working is PDANET Tablet (beta). The problem though with PDANET beta is after you disconnect the connection I was unable to clear my Proxy settings. I ended having to do a factory reset on my Galaxy Tablet 10.1. Its been very frustrating not finding the right tether app for droid to droid devices.

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
a lot of these people state they are tethering but what devices are they tethering with is the question. I can tether using the Wifi tethering adroid app with my Windows 7 laptop. When i try with my Galaxy tablet 10.1 my connection is stuck just trying to obtain an IP address. This is without encryption. I have tried other apps as well, but the only app i was able to get working is PDANET Tablet (beta). The problem though with PDANET beta is after you disconnect the connection I was unable to clear my Proxy settings. I ended having to do a factory reset on my Galaxy Tablet 10.1. Its been very frustrating not finding the right tether app for droid to droid devices.

To answer to your question, I tether with the latest beta of Wireless Tether on my Samsung Charge. IIRC, I have encryption on, but no-broadcast and access control off. The only problem I have is that I need to reboot the Charge after canceling tethering, but only if I want to restart it. I think tartar is an issue with the beta version though.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Protocol512

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues getting my tab to recognize my phone's tether. I have Wireless Tether for Root Users running on my rooted prevail. I can see, connect, and get online through my phone on three different notebooks, and two pc's, no prob. The default name is AndroidTether, and shows up the same on every computer. Now when I scan for networks with the Tab 10.1 wireless, it doesn't even show up.

I read something in these forums a few days ago addressing this exact issue, but can't find it again for &#*@. Think someone can help me out, maybe point me in the right direction?

PS, sry for pulling this thread outta the dirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer