GMail not in Market

Pyroshane

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
When Gmail was updated yesterday I installed the update on my Atrix and then when I went to update it on my Tab it wasn't listed. I scrolled through the "My Apps" listing and it isn't even listed as one of my apps. I tried searching the market for it and it wasn't listed in the market, either. Frustrated, I went to the market from my PC browser and it listed my Tab as not being a compatable device.

My device is rooted, so I tried using Titanium Backup's Market Doctor but it didn't list GMail as not being linked to the market.

Gmail came installed on my tab, but I would like to be able to install the updates. All of the other Google Apps I have (Body, Docs, Earth, Goggles, Maps, Sky Map, Translate, Google+, and even Music which I have my Music Beta account linked to) are all listed as My Apps, are listed in the market, and update just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
GMail on your tablet is a different version (apk) than Gmail on your phone, and it appears that Google has not added the Tablet version to the market yet. Your Gmail should then get updated when they do this, or when Samsung pushes new versions of Honeycomb to your Tab.

I think the market was recently updated so that devs can have one item and it wil work/distinguish the device and install the proper version. Maybe Google could take their own medicine and do this for Gmail?

Reactions: Pyroshane

Pyroshane

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
GMail on your tablet is a different version (apk) than Gmail on your phone, and it appears that Google has not added the Tablet version to the market yet. Your Gmail should then get updated when they do this, or when Samsung pushes new versions of Honeycomb to your Tab.

I think the market was recently updated so that devs can have one item and it wil work/distinguish the device and install the proper version. Maybe Google could take their own medicine and do this for Gmail?
Ok, Makes sense. I guess I just assumed that since they announced the multiple versions in one market link, they would have actually done it with their own apps. Thanks!