I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on Thursday from Verizon. This is the model with the 4G. And just today I noticed that when I wake it, the screen is dull for a minute. The screen is noticeably bleak and washed out. The black bar at the bottom is dull gray. If you watch it for a minute or two you'll see the deep black of the bar return and good contrast is restored. From then on all is well until you stop using it and the display turns off. If you wait a period of time. Perhaps 10 minutes, and wake it, you'll see the washed out screen again. It resolves itself.

I just don't know if this is normal. Has anyone else noticed this? When you wake your display is the black bar at the bottom a nice solid black?

It's not auto brightness or anything like that. I also have other tablets and phones. I've never seen this before, ever. Thinking of exchanging it. Love the tablet, but the screen worries me. Might be a power issue or something. Has anyone seen this or can anyone confirm it does not happen on their Galaxy Tab 10.1?
    08-01-2011 12:02 AM
    haven't noticed this on my tab, but I have the wifi only model. It may have done this to me when I first purchased it, but I can't say for sure. It uses a PLS screen instead of an IPS so the screen may have to be broken in. That's the only thing I can really think of. Go check out the demo unit at VZW and make sure they dont do it either.
    08-01-2011 01:00 AM
    I will go Verizon and test their demo units if possible.

I'm not familiar with the PLS screen technology you mention. You mention the potential for a break-in period. Can you shed any light on the PLS issues as they relate to a break in period?

Thanks for the informative response.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 01:15 AM
    does the 4G version have an SD card slot or are both the 4G and wifi versions lacking it ?
    08-01-2011 02:03 AM
    does the 4G version have an SD card slot or are both the 4G and wifi versions lacking it ?
    No SD slot. Just a SIM slot on the 4G model. If that's how the wifi version is than we are the same.

08-01-2011 02:05 AM
    i'm really confused as to why they decided to forgo the SD card slot
    08-01-2011 02:12 AM
    i'm really confused as to why they decided to forgo the SD card slot
    No idea. I would like that feature as well. Perhaps there is an adapter?

08-01-2011 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD