Question. Galaxy Tab 10.1 problem free.

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Question for you Tab 10.1 owners. Do you own a Galaxy Tab that is problem free and does not have any quirks or weird/annoying characteristics, such as screen not fully waking from sleep, or wi-fi not turning back on after waking from sleep, or browser crashes or dust under the screen...And was it your first one, or did you have to exchange?

Just wondering for my own curiosity, whether it's worth it to try to exchange, or if I should just live with my quirky Tab. The screen sometimes does not turn on all the way after waking from sleep, and just shows a black screen with the backlight on. Not the end of the world really.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I had the screen wake issue, but then I did a reformat and it seemed to fix it. I am running a Touchwiz rom right now and also don't have the issue. Other than that, my tab has been problem free.

neova333

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen around the net the Gtab is quite good quality wise, and it was a big part of the reason why I decided to get the Tab instead of the Transformer.

As for my own experience, mine was pretty much perfect, no dust, dead pixels, creaks or anything of the sort. If I were in your position I would definitely exchange for a new one as it sounds like yours might have a hardware problem.

If you bought yours from Best Buy, make sure that you're getting a new one, as I've read some complaints about Best Buy giving customers used units when exchanging.

zamzarvideo

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my first one for a week and it doesn't have problems except that the screen gets Newton rings if you press it really hard near the bottom left corner. (I never need to press it that hard though)

kisrita

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had my first one for a week and it doesn't have problems except that the screen gets Newton rings if you press it really hard near the bottom left corner. (I never need to press it that hard though)
I had the first one for about an hour (never turned on or showed it was charging), second one has no issues except for the disappearing weatherbug widget, which I think is a software bug, along with not being able to sign into my Samsung account. I expect software bugs to be fixed with updates.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So far so good, just purchased the 4g model a few days ago. No noticeable faults so far. Running and looking like a champ. Only quirk is I cant organize my bookmarks and cant find task manager.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for over a month now and it's been fairly problem free.

If I were you I would not worry about what others are experiencing. If your Tab is not performing to your liking then take it back and exchange it right away.

Another poster mentioned to be careful and make sure you get a new unit, and not one that is simply "new" to you.

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the screen wake issue, but then I did a reformat and it seemed to fix it. I am running a Touchwiz rom right now and also don't have the issue. Other than that, my tab has been problem free.

Wait what? You had the same screen wake isue where you try to wake from sleep the backlight turns on but it just shows a plain black screen?

And it's gone now? What kind of reformat did u do? Normal factory reset, or some kind of other hard reset/reformat?

Thanks everyone for contributing your 2 cents! :)

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the WiFi wake and lock screen issues. Still stock. Pretty sure it is SW related and will eventually be fixed.