Blackberry smartphone to Samsung Tablet-Grandfatered Data Plan?

rcodey

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my Blackberry curve with unlimited data plan on Verizon to a Samsung Tablet(4G). Will my unlimited data plan be grandfathered?

parabol216

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my Blackberry curve with unlimited data plan on Verizon to a Samsung Tablet(4G). Will my unlimited data plan be grandfathered?

No, sadly tablet data and phone data is separate. There is no grandfathering for tablet data. Also i dont believe you can upgrade into a tablet, only into another phone. Just have them bill it to your account then wait for the samsung galaxy s II to hit verizon. All other phones currently are a waste of money. Youll need dual core if you want android os ice cream sandwich so wait for a phone that will hold up with updates for the next two years.....or not... Its just my advice lol

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Blackberry smartphone to Samsung Tablet-Grandfatered Data Pla

If you want you can get a playbook and it tethers off your phone. I still have one for sale

joeym2

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Actually..... you can upgrade a phone to a tablet. It would just require that you change the plan at the same time. The system will allow it as long as it is not a primary on a family plan and you select a compatible data plan for the tablet

rcodey

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Actually..... you can upgrade a phone to a tablet. It would just require that you change the plan at the same time. The system will allow it as long as it is not a primary on a family plan and you select a compatible data plan for the tablet

My blackberry is a secondary phone on a family plan, so I should be okay upgrading to the tablet and have my old data plan grandfathered?