NEW UPDATE for 10.1 no it's not Touch Wiz

genkilljoy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Very surprised no one has mentioned the new update Samsung has put out OTA for the Galaxy 10.1.
This is not the TouchWiz update it's a as stated by the Samsung a 3meg bug fix. Did not notice I had a bug, but I updated any way. It's a system updated. No it's not version 3.2.
:cool: :D

Reactions: Mac58

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I can confirm this. I just updated afte reading your post. It is probably just a more stable build of the touchwhiz

xlnja

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Very surprised no one has mentioned the new update Samsung has put out OTA for the Galaxy 10.1.
This is not the TouchWiz update it's a as stated by the Samsung a 3meg bug fix. Did not notice I had a bug, but I updated any way. It's a system updated. No it's not version 3.2.
:cool: :D

It was mentioned yesterday around 12pm PDT. I then updated mine from stock to TouchWiz. There are two updates depending on your current version. If you are on stock, you get the new TouchWiz update. If you are already on TouchWiz, you get the bug fix. So now, everyone should be on the same version of TouchWiz.

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Same here, just got the update and figured it can't get any worse than the previous update. Fingers crossed that they might have added a bit of customization in to it?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine says there are no updates. :(
When I first began checking on Friday, I also received the message stating there were no updates available. On Sunday I checked again and the update was available. They may be rolling this update out in phases and not making it available to everyone at the same time.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This is an update for people that had previously installed Touchwiz before they pulled the Touchwiz update. The video bug they found in the original Touchwiz update was fixed was fixed and Touchwiz was re-released with this update. Users that had already installed Touchwiz with no problems were the ones prompted about this update.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ever since this second update the Tab seems to completely power down while it's in the dock. I've been using it consistently throughout the day yesterday without docking it, and it hasn't crashed once.

I really think this dock is a piece of garbage IMO, all it does is seem to cause problems.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I always tell people it is so important to register your devices with the manufacturer, and belong to forums like this one. It's been my experience that many people don't bother doing either because they think it's too much trouble.

Information like this is so valuable. I would not have even known about this update had I not been checking the forums. Thank you for the headsup!!

Downloaded and installed the update. It really would have been nice to know what specifically was addressed in the update though.

EW800#AC

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Samsung so not familiar with their history. Do you guys think we will keep seeing softward updates? It would be great to see ours Tabs get better and better!

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am new to Samsung so not familiar with their history. Do you guys think we will keep seeing softward updates? It would be great to see ours Tabs get better and better!

I would guess that there will be at least one or two more major updates as Sammy moves us onto Android 3.2 in the coming months. Beyond that, who knows! ;-)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance