I have not yet updated to Touchwiz... and I am contemplating not doing so...
    From what I have read, I am not sure I want to just for SWYPE.

looking for opinions...
    08-26-2011 03:30 PM
    theres no downside to updating

and you get a lot, IMO touchwiz is more than worth it

swype keyboard is AMAZING !

mini-apps are cool, i just wish they would make a mini browswer
    08-26-2011 08:51 PM
    I would suggest you root, backup your stock HC rom, and then give a TW rom a spin. I think TW is a definite improvement, but it's nice to have options.
    08-26-2011 08:58 PM
    You can see what it does and provides here with the TW emulator: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-emulator.html
    08-27-2011 09:28 PM
    You can see what it does and provides here with the TW emulator: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-emulator.html
    08-28-2011 08:30 AM
    There are two things that I don't like about Touchwiz : that the action bar on the bottom is more gray now than black, and I can't change the quick launch apps. Other than those (which are minor) my Tab has improved greatly after the update. Also whenever they release the updated version of Honeycomb you'll more than likely have to be running Touchwiz to receive it.
    08-28-2011 10:03 AM
    I did and love it
    08-28-2011 06:10 PM
    I like it.

What I like:
    • The two-finger tilt-to-zoom for web and images
    • The quick settings in the Notifications area is more useful
    • Some of the coloring and UI is easier to read, especially in the Settings.

What I don't like:
    • Losing root (will load a rooted rom later, probably)
    • Non-customizeble app tray (I'm sure they will address this in an updatee)
    08-29-2011 05:00 PM
    I have not yet updated to Touchwiz... and I am contemplating not doing so...
    From what I have read, I am not sure I want to just for SWYPE.

looking for opinions...
    Install swype on your own, because the Swype in Touchwiz sucks. (NOTE: You do NOT need to be rooted to install swype)
    08-30-2011 01:29 PM
    Thanks a bunch guy! What a big help your input has been, specially the emulator, that was a big help.

Thanks again,

Steve
    08-30-2011 02:55 PM
    Install swype on your own, because the Swype in Touchwiz sucks. (NOTE: You do NOT need to be rooted to install swype)
    I had Swype beta installed before TouchWiz, uninstalled it after. What do you find better about the Swype beta compared to the stock TouchWiz version?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-30-2011 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD