New Galaxy Tab owner market questions about Tegra game purchasing

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I just got a 32GB Wifi Galaxy Tab on Friday after confirming it was my best option for managing my photos on a month long trip to Europe (USB Adapter + SD Card Reader and portable hard drive to copy photos to).

Anyway, I've noticed that certain games, such as Riptide GP don't seem to support it yet they do support the Atrix which also uses the Tegra chipset. Just confirmed it today when I got an "Item could not be found" when I tried to purchase Samura II and Riptide GP for my Tab from the Market. I decided to visit the website version of the market to see what happened and when I retried the purchase there, I noticed that I could choose to buy it for the Atrix (it's my company phone; I personally use an Epic) but not for the Tab. Anyone else have this problem? I did apply the Touchwiz update so I don't know if that's the issue as I didn't try to buy them before updating.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Both games work on mine, try going through the tegra zone app because it will then bring you over to the correct game

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I went through Tegra Zone, which took me to the Market. Unfortunately, that's when I got the error for the first time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Galaxy Tab owner market questions about Tegra game purcha

I bought Samurai 2 HD with no problem from the market on my 32gb Wifi as well. Not sure why it isn't letting you purchase them, but I know it is possible. Maybe someone else has an idea of what is preventing it?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Galaxy Tab owner market questions about Tegra game purcha

Well, I think I got to the problem. It's not just games; I can't buy anything from the Market on my Tab! I tried to donate for CF-Benchmark and got the same error. Tried some other random $0.99 apps to see and boom, same error.

So, my best guess is that for some reason, Google has locked my region (Puerto Rico) from making purchases on Honeycomb. Of course, that's kind of pointless since I can buy anything just fine when using my Epic (which has Froyo installed) or my Atrix (company phone, has Gingerbread installed). I worked around the issue by buying the games on the Atrix and then going to MyApps on the Tab and installing from there.

So, there you have it. Some sort of weird region lock snafu. My US$ are fine if I'm using a phone, but they suck if I'm using a tablet with Honeycomb :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks