elektronic mart?

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, would love to know more about them...
Their prices look awfully low. I think they just started showing up in the search engines. Legit?, I think they are just to new to say. Their payment method is unconventional. You call them and then they call you back and get your credit card number supposedly for security. I don't see the harm in that method per say and I don't know how they could scam you unless they are just simply harvesting credit card (and phone) numbers. If they turn out to be legit they definitely have a home-theater receiver I would buy in heartbeat at their price.:confused:

AnjrooDude

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought they looked somewhat scammy when I looked at their site. I took a leap and ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 from them last Wednesday. The woman called me on Thursday to make the payment over the phone. I expressed my concerns and she addressed them to my satisfaction. I was told that the item would ship in the next 2 business days. I did not receive tracking information in those two days and contacted them via their online form. I did receive a reply telling me that it had shipped according to their records and it could take up to 24 hours to receive tracking from the carrier and that if I did not receive it today, to contact them back and he would forward the information to me from their end. After I ordered, I did receive several follow up emails (order confirmation, processing info, and a receipt). I will post on the forum as soon as I receive the tablet to reassure everyone. If I do receive it, it should be in the next 2 or 3 days. If they are a scam, they certainly are very thorough and even polite. They have gone to more lengths than I would think someone would who just wanted my card number, but we'll see over the next few days

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anjroodude you are a brave soul. We all appreciate your attempt here to test the waters.

I'm thinking that they are somehow procuring the item (if possible) after the item has actually been ordered as opposed to keeping it in inventory. That's why they have to give you verbal notification as to the shipping date. I suppose, when they can actually get the item, it substantially cuts their costs. Think of it as just-in-time or in this case zero inventory cost. Who knows how they are actually sourcing it and for the price, as long as its not hot, who cares. For a tablet you may want to confirm that its at least a US item which you probably did.

I doubt there is a warranty from the manufacturer and that isn't necessary a problem either if they are willing to replace or swap the unit internally during the warranty period?

R3dM0nd

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
let us know and thank you for being a brave soul if things are good i know what my early birthday present to myself will be

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought they looked somewhat scammy when I looked at their site. I took a leap and ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 from them last Wednesday. The woman called me on Thursday to make the payment over the phone. I expressed my concerns and she addressed them to my satisfaction. I was told that the item would ship in the next 2 business days. I did not receive tracking information in those two days and contacted them via their online form. I did receive a reply telling me that it had shipped according to their records and it could take up to 24 hours to receive tracking from the carrier and that if I did not receive it today, to contact them back and he would forward the information to me from their end. After I ordered, I did receive several follow up emails (order confirmation, processing info, and a receipt). I will post on the forum as soon as I receive the tablet to reassure everyone. If I do receive it, it should be in the next 2 or 3 days. If they are a scam, they certainly are very thorough and even polite. They have gone to more lengths than I would think someone would who just wanted my card number, but we'll see over the next few days

So did you get the tracking info?

AnjrooDude

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Update: the representative did email me back and explained to me that their shipment of Galaxy Tabs was damaged and they were returning them to the manufacturer. She then gave me the option of cancelling the order for a refund or waiting until a shipment comes in next Wednesday when they would ship the order to me express at no shipping cost. I opted to keep the order and wait until the next shipment comes in. I know people are curious as to whether or not this business is for real. At this point, not yet having the order in my hand but still expecting it next week, and from my communication with them, I'm 85% confident that they are not a scam and still 15% skeptical. I will post to this forum as soon as I receive the tablet as expected toward the end of next week.

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My money says they never had the tablets and they are trying to buy time. Who knows how they snag them but they are now scrambling. If they manage to get one at this point i would be very skeptical. I would make sure its not hot, refurb, export, etc best you can.

makaveli28

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I also got a link to them and like the price on the Samsung Tab 10.1. Let me know when you get it. I checked and they haven't been verified by Google yet as being a legit site. Ill keep an eye on it but would love to hear more feedback.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I hope the purchase goes through without further days. Keep us posted as you get closer to the ship or receive date.

Loby The Pirate

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't trust them.

After going doing a whois with their domain provider I get their contact information as

TSG LLC
PO Box 7216
Metairie, LA 70010
US

That information can be found here: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/elektronicmart.com

From this I also found out their host is IzzoNet which is a host that specializes in online venders.
IzzoNet's website can be found here: http://www.izzonet.com/

So I spent some time checking out this website. And found out many things that make the website seem real and many things that make it seem fake.

Things that make it seem real
  • I noticed that they say that anything shipped from LA would get sales tax.
  • They do not have any fake VeriSign tags.
  • All their information seems to agree.

Things that make it seem fake
  • They do not have any VeriSign tags.
  • They do not allow you to pay using Paypal or other normal payment methods.
  • There prices are the same that employees pay at all the companies I checked the prices for.

But the most important thing I found out is.
According the the Yellow Pages, that PO Box belongs to Jay's Heating and Air Conditioning.
That information can be found here: http://www.theusaexplorer.com/Louisiana/J-5.html

Last edited:
Reactions: makaveli28

ajusmc85

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I also have been tempted to order from elektronicmart.com. Can you please update us if you ever received your tab? I also placed an order for the onkyo home theater system and the lady called me later in the afternoon. This was yesterday, Friday 9/16/11, but I missed her call. I find it funny when I try to contact their customer service line I get a answering machine and leave a message. Please update on your experience. Thank you.

Yeah, I think it is too good to be true also but I will talk to the customer service rep. on Monday and I have a million questions. If they hang up on me because I'm going to ask a lot of questions, I'll spend my money elsewhere. Loby, I know that you can goto Vanns.com and get the Onkyo ht S8400 for $698.00 and they throw in two stand for you standup speakers. It's not a bad deal, it's an alternative to this, they are the best priced Onkyo system next to this site, and they are a legit company. It factors out to be about $170.00 more than the elektronicmart.com system. I also researched elektronicmart.com like you and got the same results. I'm going to ask the lady about the Heating company PO box number and see what she says. Because on their website they state they have two wholesale building sites. I'll update on Monday when I speak to elektronicmart.com.

Last edited:

Loby The Pirate

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I also have been tempted to order from elektronicmart.com. Can you please update us if you ever received your tab? I also placed an order for the onkyo home theater system and the lady called me later in the afternoon. This was yesterday, Friday 9/16/11, but I missed her call. I find it funny when I try to contact their customer service line I get a answering machine and leave a message. Please update on your experience. Thank you.

Please tell me how this goes, because that is the system I wanted to order from them.

ncguy

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a case of "if it looks too good to be true".

I don't think any legitimate business could make money at these prices. I don't even think you could be selling off eBay out of your garage and make money.

ajusmc85

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think it is too good to be true also but I will talk to the customer service rep. on Monday and I have a million questions. If they hang up on me because I'm going to ask a lot of questions, I'll spend my money elsewhere. Loby, I know that you can goto Vanns.com and get the Onkyo ht S8400 for $698.00 and they throw in two stand for you standup speakers. It's not a bad deal, it's an alternative to this, they are the best priced Onkyo system next to this site, and they are a legit company. It factors out to be about $170.00 more than the elektronicmart.com system. I also researched elektronicmart.com like you and got the same results. I'm going to ask the lady about the Heating company PO box number and see what she says. Because on their website they state they have two wholesale building sites. I'll update on Monday when I speak to elektronicmart.com.