Tab meets concrete

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So my daughter walked out in the garage this morning and dropped my beautiful tab, shattering the screen. Awesome. So I call Samsung to get a ticket open for service and the guy gives me a number to the service center so I can get a price. $291 and change. Double awesome. Don't think I'm gonna spend that much money on a device that only costs $500.

So my question is this, do I have an alternative to getting this thing fixed? Purchased from best buy and 99% sure I didn't buy any extra coverage. Why would I, nothing like this ever happens to me, right?

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
So my daughter walked out in the garage this morning and dropped my beautiful tab, shattering the screen. Awesome. So I call Samsung to get a ticket open for service and the guy gives me a number to the service center so I can get a price. $291 and change. Double awesome. Don't think I'm gonna spend that much money on a device that only costs $500.

So my question is this, do I have an alternative to getting this thing fixed? Purchased from best buy and 99% sure I didn't buy any extra coverage. Why would I, nothing like this ever happens to me, right?

Try stopping by your local computer shop and see if they can replace it. Do not go to Best Buy, but a local small shop. I am sure Houston has something. I know the shop by my old place in Richmond Va could fi things like that. Hell, maybe even give them a call, ship it and have them fix it.

the place is
Computer Repair Richmond, VA | Laptop Desktop Notebook PC Mac iPhone | ALB Tech LLC

Tell them a VCU student named Grant on the Android Central forums said they may be able to help.
I know for a fact they fix iPad iPhone, and any other phone screens for cheap.

Good Luck.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
That TOTALLY sucks! Can you tell us how it landed on the concrete? I am just curious what to takes it break the screen? In the paranoid side of my world, I wonder if it landing flat on its back would not cause the screen to crack.

Now I'm thinking insurance again.

Hope you find a good repair solution!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I had it in the Samsung book cover case at the time (flap open I presume) and on one of the corners where it attaches to the tab is pretty scuffed. So I'm guessing it hit dead corner. And reminder, this was a 3 year old, so it was only a 2-3ft drop at best

BadabingSon

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
whenever screens get cracked, i know best buy charges way too much. I remember when the display on my camera cracked, they told me it would cost more than the price of the camera itself to fix. the only thing that concerns me with getting the screen replaced is the possible loss of sensitivity. I honestly would get what i can for it and get a new one. Might as wel get the LTE version??

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So... I just came across my broken tab in the drawer and I decided to shop screen repair. Found a local franchise company CPR cell phone repair, price $200. I will finally have my tab working next week when the part comes in!

Obviously I haven't been using it since my op in September, well today I just had a thought on how I could. So simple I feel dumb.... A mouse! Just thought I'd share my excitement!

Sent from my Blazing ET4G