What do you do with your 10.1 tablet?

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 10.1 thinking it would be a greater experience than my Samsung Galaxy S phone, and it delivers. I read a ton and using the Pulse aggregate and Kindle pretty much satisfies my need to read.

I don't play games and although I had hoped to blog using the tablet, as I mentioned in a previous post or two the tablet world is not yet ready for WordPress.

So I mainly read and surf the internet, much more convenient (and useful) than a cell phone. So what do you do with your tablet, what is the most valuable activity to you?

Chris

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Books, games, movies and videos for all the work travel I do and when my wife set up gun turrets around the remote because she is watching Real Housewives of (pick the city, she watches it).

It's nice to have a bigger screen for browsing, but the browser experience itself needs a bit of work. I use it to buy movie tickets (Fandango). I stream my music on Amazon Cloud MP3 and Pandora while I'm working at the desk. I've even taken a few pictures with it! ;-)

All-in-all I love this thing and can't wait to see what others post here to get some fresh use ideas!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy my 10.1 very much and have no regrets.

I use mine primarily for browsing the web, Kindle reader, viweing Netflix, and I carry it to church on Sunday since I have downloaded the Bible, and can audio record the sermon and take notes via the Everbridge app.

My kids are always on it playing games, and watching the Cartoon Network over the wifi at home.

I use it during meetings at work to take notes (again via Everbridge), and for reviewing documents and reading email when away from office desktop.

I also own the Galaxy SII Epic 4g Touch, and I use the hotspot feature to tether my Tab when I'm not at home or at a business with WiFi.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Read books. Netflix. southparkstudios.com. I don't even really pick up my phone at home anymore unless there is a call. I also do general browsing and reading my Google Reader feed. I also don't play a lot of games.

Matrix_19

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Browsing, Plume (for twitter), Podcast, Movies, Music, Emails, Messenger, TuneIn Radio, Youtube, Press Reader, Skype, Photos Gallery, download torrents, connect to my pc with remote desktop ( 2x client) and a few games :)

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I enjoy my 10.1 very much and have no regrets.

I use mine primarily for browsing the web, Kindle reader, viweing Netflix, and I carry it to church on Sunday since I have downloaded the Bible, and can audio record the sermon and take notes via the Everbridge app.

My kids are always on it playing games, and watching the Cartoon Network over the wifi at home.

I use it during meetings at work to take notes (again via Everbridge), and for reviewing documents and reading email when away from office desktop.

I also own the Galaxy SII Epic 4g Touch, and I use the hotspot feature to tether my Tab when I'm not at home or at a business with WiFi.

Hey DAS, I also use love my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and use it for most of was mentioned here already, however, I do have a question. You mentioned that you use your tablet for taking notes and audio recording sermons using the ("Everbridge app"). Where can I find this app. I've looked in the Market and can't find it, also searched online and found nothing - Thanks

saltychino

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Reading books, mags, PDFs and news using: Adobe, Nook app, Next Issue, Pulse.

Watch movies using: Netflix

Write papers and manage my budget with: Evernote, Quick office and Docs to Go

Chat or socialize with: Internet, Skype, Gtalk, Trillian, G+, and linkedin

Listen to music with: Pandora and PowerAmp

Email

Research with: Internet and Google Earth/Maps

Manage Bank accounts and mileage or points programs with respective apps

Edit images with: photoshop and pxlr and lightbox

Manage and share files with: dropbox app

Learn Chinese with: Pleco app

Keep up on the Houston Texans with NFL 11 app, and also move over directly to skype or facebook to talk to my friend as the Raiders lose!

Play games and keep up on weather and keep up on my calendar

Look at PrOnz lol

I barely use a computer or mac unless i need to use both at the same time

Last edited:

Mpre

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate getting my fat ass up and walking over to my pc. The 8.9 is so lite and thin that i do everything with it like read cook books, view cooking videos, and chat about food right on my coach. That's pretty much it.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use mine the same as most, mobile web, reading, kids game on it occasionally, web on the couch instead of my 17" behemoth laptop, etc.

But I also use it for school. I'm an engineer, but am attending grad school full time online as well. My school has a highly functional online portal, though which I access all my course work. It has been designed to work with iOS and Android, and it works beautifully on the SGT10.1. I can watch the lectures, take notes, do homework, submit assignments, all from wherever I am. Soooo convenient. I even rent digital copies of my text books, half the price of buying them, and I have them right there on my tab.

This is the perfect device for anyone considering online education.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Netflix, Books, Web, Maps, Magazines (Zinio), Email, Weather are the main things. Sometimes listen to last.fm (in Dolphin using flash, stream to sound system using bluetooth). Occasionally games, but very rarely.