Swype won't change to English

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
So I finally updated to Touchwiz and got the update after that.. I was using Swype Beta before and now that I updated my Tab software, my Swype is in some language I don't know and I can't change it.

I've gone into the menu selected US English but Swype but it doesn't recognize any words I try and when I go to the help screen I get this
Language it gives me on everything
View attachment 17062

Language I have it set at but it doesn't do
View attachment 17063

Anyone have this problem or know what to do? Do I need to basically wipe my Tab and re-install from new? And if so how do I do that?

Thanks,
Ryan

coulter6

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
In the upper left hand corner of the Swype keyboard (above TAB) is a button with a world icon that has 2 letters above it. This toggles between various languages, repeatedly push the button until you see "EN", that's the English setting. Hope this helps.

rinnr1

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that still gives a weird ass language when I go to add a word or check the help screen. You can see it's on EN on the left but still shows a different language on the help.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've tried that still gives a weird ass language when I go to add a word or check the help screen. You can see it's on EN on the left but still shows a different language on the help.

My sister has this same problem on her Droid 3. Her 1-year-old got a hold of it, and ever since she can't get the swype options back to English. Driving her crazy. I clicked on this thread just to see if anyone had a solution that I could pass along to her...

rinnr1

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I backed up everything to my gmail account and did a factory reset and got it back to normal only way I found out how to get it corrected

mrsdge

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm having the same problem. My tablet is stuck in Dutch and I need English. I am trying factory reset . How long does reset take? It seems to be taking an awful long time. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12