Is touchwiz available for the 4g galaxy tab 10.1?

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression touchwiz was available for both the 4g and WiFi is that true? I asked at Verizon and she was not sure. Any help would appreciated as I plan to buy one tomorrow.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
They have it. The wifi only version has the latest touchwiz, which is really nice, but the 4g doesn't have the latest yet. Not sure what they're waiting for.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 via Tapatalk

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The guy at verizon said it comes preinstalled as he turned one on, but I will find out tommorrow for sure before I buy it and post my results.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, 4G has it. It's just not the updated version that the wifi only has. There's a very noticeable difference between the two. Sorry for the confusion.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
New one looks a lot nicer, and has a button for taking screen shots built right into the main toolbar. Really cool.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
if it has the screenshot button then it has touchwiz

dont forget, you can always root and install a rom with touchwiz

when i first got my tab, Samsung's servers were down, so i went with the root method to get touchwiz

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just came back from Verizon and she turned one on,but could not get to the home screen without a sim card installed so there was no way to tell if it had it preinstalled. Should I just get it anyway and wait for the update? The main reason I want touchwiz is for screenshot as I use it alot. I guess I could download No root screenshot it as it works on my HTC incredible. What are your thoughts?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, there seems to be some confusion in this thread.

The wifi-only Galaxy Tab 10.1 has the Samsung TouchWiz UX update. It looks very different from stock Honeycomb.

The 4G LTE Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 does NOT have Samsung's TouchWiz UX. It is supposed to be getting it, but nothing has happened yet. There is a leaked ROM for it which you can install but it is obviously not official.

If you buy the LTE Tab 10.1 from Verizon it will not have TouchWiz UX.

Any other questions?

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I called Samsung and was told all new 4g tabs now come with touchwiz. Of course they could of just told me that just to get me to buy it. Has anyone on here bought on in the last week or so?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma