How is typing an email?

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
How is typing on this thing? I'm not expecting to type long essays or anything, but how cumbersome is it to type out a decent email on one of these things? I'm trying to determine whether I need something like a Transformer or not.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I use my Tab all of the time to write emails... Just get a good "split" type keyboard. I have been using "SwiftKey Tablet X" for a while now and love it. The layout is done so that you can hold your Tab in your hands and reach all of the keys with just your thumbs.

Here's a screen grab of it split:
SC20111103-005352.jpg

And the other nice thing about SwiftKey (and i assume other 3rd party keyboards) is that you can switch back to a standard keyboard on the fly.
Here's a screen grab with it set to standard:
SC20111103-005829.jpg

Hope that helps you out.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.

AFPoster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Not going to lie I hate typing on my device because the touch is off. One thing the iPad did right was by making sure when you click on something it clicks it. I can't tell you how many times I go to type something and it's the wrong word or I go to click on Forums on this site and instead it takes me to the New Accessories section. This is really my biggest complaint about this tablet. I will try the swift key keyboard and hopefully that will help.

The other big issue is the Market. Anytime I download stuff it's hit or miss if it works on my 10.1 and more than half of the apps are really mean't for a phone because it only shows on a quarter of my screen. A bit annoying -- also where Apple got it right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech