PowerSaver mode makes things more difficult - pointless

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the "PowerSaver mode" activated on my Tab since I got Touchwiz and set it to take action at 10%. I had never let my battery run down that far until last night.

I had it set to cut off everything except WiFi, drop the screen brightness and lower the timeout to 15 seconds.

I wasn't using it when the PowerSaver kicked in. First, it tossed up a warning somewhere around 10% that turned the screen on. The screen remained on.... and on... for at least 10 minutes before I noticed. The screen being on only drained the battery faster. I know the timing because I heard it buzz for the warning but I didn't actually go grab it. I thought it was just go black and wait.

I cleared the warning window and plugged it in for the night.

This morning, I grabbed my Tab to read my email, etc. and the screen was still dimmed and timing out after 15 seconds despite now being fully charged. I bumped the brightness up with the slider. I manually went into the settings and fixed the timeout. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

Then... I realized everything it had cut off (GPS, etc.) was still off. As a special bonus, WiFi was off too.

Basically, it will turn everything off for you but not turn it back on. I don't really consider this a convenience feature ESPECIALLY the drain from leaving the screen on.

Anyone else had PowerSaver work fine? Maybe it's just mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463