Dvd to galaxy tab

drums84

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to get some DVD's onto my tab and have used handbrake to rip them. Handbrake ripped it to a m4v file extension. I am using kies to transfer to the tab but when I go to transfer, kies will not allow me to select the file. I have tried some of the settings on the other threads I have found. Any suggestions?

Thanks

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't use Kids, just connect to your PC using the USB cable and mount your Tab in MTB mode. Then copy the files across to the movies folder as if you were copying to a USB stick.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually use an app called WiFi File Explorer. I got it free from one of the daily free apps from Amazon, but you can get it from any market. It is really easy to use and you just run it, and go the the PC your video file is on and connect to your Tab through your browser on the PC. You then just go to the file(s) you wanna upload and select it/them and send em on up. You can choose what folder on the TAB you wanna upload them too as well. Works well for both my TAB, and my Bionic. I also made a custom preset for Handbrake. One for DVD converting, and another one for converting from a 1080p source down to 720p. Keeping great quality on both and allowing them to be hardware accelerated. If you like I can either PM them too you, or attach them here.

Hope that helps.

-cm

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have to go to the PC you might as well just connect via the USB cable and just copy the files over.

I actually use an app called WiFi File Explorer. I got it free from one of the daily free apps from Amazon, but you can get it from any market. It is really easy to use and you just run it, and go the the PC your video file is on and connect to your Tab through your browser on the PC. You then just go to the file(s) you wanna upload and select it/them and send em on up. You can choose what folder on the TAB you wanna upload them too as well. Works well for both my TAB, and my Bionic. I also made a custom preset for Handbrake. One for DVD converting, and another one for converting from a 1080p source down to 720p. Keeping great quality on both and allowing them to be hardware accelerated. If you like I can either PM them too you, or attach them here.

Hope that helps.

-cm

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The Tab or your Mac won't let you? I don't use Kids to move stuff to my Tab, I connect via the USB and just copy files over as the Tab acts like a USB stick.

It won't work because the tab's software is set up a certain way that will not let you connect as a mass storage deivce. This is why i am trying to use kies to transfer the movie files.

genkilljoy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Take the file out of your Mac and put it on Micro SD chip or thumb drive then walk it over to the tab and transfer it in. That is if you bought the 20 buck USB adapter.
Were there is a will there is a way.
:cool:

dramer

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well...I've used Wondershare DVD Ripper Platinum. I've ripped to Mp4, Mkv, avi, wmv, all of them and none work...I rip them to my network hard drive, then use ES File Explorer to browse to them, copy/paste them into the Video's folder of my Tab. I've tried the native player, MX Player ES has it's own too. Most of the time, the videos say that can't be played. Sometimes, the quality isn't good and the audio is waaaaay behind the video. I'm at a loss here. I've downloaded a couple of movies in both .avi and .mkv and they work perfect. I'm guessing I have some settings wrong but this is my first foray into ripping DVD's so I'm lost. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Must be the Ripping software as downloaded AVi and MKV files are fine. Do you get a message to convert the files when copying them to your Tab?

dramer

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
No, it just says "this video cannot be played on this device". Wondershare gives options as far as bit rate, resolution, etc...but I have no idea what they should be.

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm........sorry I've not ripped and copied over so not sure. I generally download what I want to watch and the AVI and MKV files are fine.

No, it just says "this video cannot be played on this device". Wondershare gives options as far as bit rate, resolution, etc...but I have no idea what they should be.

alen9331

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
a dvd ripper could handle it. convert dvd video to avi or mp4 would lower the quality ,so you shouldset a suitbble sceen szie which could suit for galaxy tab. a professional dvd ripper would hlep you so much.
leawo dvd ripper is a good choice for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel