Suggestions on Screen Protectors and Cases.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm ordering my galaxy tomorrow and selecting one day shipping w/ Amazon. So I've read the threads on screen protector vs. a sp. If you were going to get one, which would it be? Is there a case that you recommend more than others? I ordered a rooCASE Dual-View case [and received] to cover it now wishing I had VIPERTEK Premium Slim Case. Any experience with those two cases? I'm all over the place... I'm so excited. TY :-*

tedj101

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep that's the one. I've got it too and it's excellent.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Well, this may be blasphemous, but I bought my case from CellPhoneShop.com. It was shipped from Hong Kong in about 6 days (at a cost of about $4 along with several other accessories for my Tab and my S2), is genuine leather and it cost me just over $8 (I had a coupon which gave me about a 15% discount - I deal with Cell Phone Shop a lot). It is really a very nice case which I would expect to have cost about $50 in the US. You might want to check that out...

<TED>

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep that's the one. I've got it too and it's excellent.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I bought what appears to be the same case on Amazon for $12.99. It had 50+ reviews and 4.4 out of 5 stars. So I'm hoping it's the same one, it said it was "by Samsung" but was sold by a third party through Amazon. We'll see.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the same one, and totally agree with the mod. I While a bit pricey, and this is case is sleek and sexy. I highly recommend it!

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the same one, and totally agree with the mod. I While a bit pricey, and this is case is sleek and sexy. I highly recommend it!

Good to hear. Now I just have to hope the one I ordered for $12.99 is the same. Hard to believe at that price, but it did say "by Samsung" and had great reviews.

tdi1985

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the rooCASE Executive Portfolio case and couldn't be happier. Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Execu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU1519084

I like it because you get the security of a zipper portfolio which is thick and sturdy, but you put the tablet inside the detachable sleeve which allows you to pull it out of the portfolio and it is still light but secured with the sleeve all the way around.

Reactions: TheJediGoddess

58Gemni

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Plus one on the Samsung Book case. Went through a couple cases, this is the best for me. I actually put it in upside down so for normal use, the light sensor is at the top. Otherwise my hand would always dim the screen.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I received my order for the book case by samsung. Too bad the company I ordered through shipped me a camera pouch case. I contacted them and got a refund. After further investigation, looks like I'm not the only one that had the exact "wrong" case sent to me. Also, they appear to have made a mistake in pricing, so the price was back to $49.99 and now out of stock. Shady...

I bought this today: Amazon.com: VIPERTEK Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with Built-In Stand for Samsung GALAXY Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (NOT Compatible with Verizon 4G LTE) (Black): Electronics

Just don't want to spend $60+ on a case, and this one has plenty of great reviews for $25.

tspeice87

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I too got the Vipertek one. Got it in the mail yesterday. So far so good. No complaints but also not completely wowed. Doesn't seem to be too sturdy while in the grooves but as long as your not crazy with it it shouldn't be a problem. I was going to get the Samsung case but then realized spending 50 bucks on that case wasn't worth it. The Vipertek for 25 will work just fine for me for the time being. Wish we had some more options though.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I ended up ordering 2.
RooCase Multi-Angle - I like this one but after so much moving around, the velcro tab that secures the tablet moves just a bit. Not enough to drop the tablet but just enough that you have to readjust b/c tablet and case don't allign. It's easy but...still. I got the pink but comes in red and black as well :)

MoKo(TM) Premium Slim Leather Folio Cover Case - I really like this one but its totally unstable during multi-angle mode. It often slips or collapses if you are playing a game or browsing [RooCase is much better in this area]. It's great vertically and doesn't add a lot of bulk to the case. Only downside is not being sturdy in multi-angle mode but its a pretty big deal to me.

I also ended up trying Realook Screen Protector ... I haven't tried to put it on yet lol the whole process stresses me out.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I'm loving my tablet ♥

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge