HDMI Adapter glitching out

nicocolton

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Im new to these forums, but Im a regular contributor to CrackBerry. But enough about me.
My problem is that when I am watching a video, browsing, doing anything over the HDMI adapter, i get a white bar across the bottom half of my TV every ten to thirty seconds. I am also seeing snow, very, very little, but still noticable. Also, the audio cuts out every twenty to forty seconds, for under a second. Additionally, i get completely black picture and no audio every minute or two.
Now, this completely sounds like a hardware issue, but i just wanted to double check here to make sure that it isnt a known issue or i am just doing something wrong. Great way to make my first post anyways!
Well, thank you Android Central, and I hope that you provide me with as great of an experience as CrackBerry is.
Happy Holidays!

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to work of with the exception of occasionally the screen will blank out for a second about 2 times in a w and then resume like nothing happened. I don't know if its the tv or the tab causing this.

I love having the cable and this is the only problem I have encountered thus far.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it's gotta be a known problem, as I am also experiencing the "pic/audio drop out" every few minutes with mine, and a google search led me to other forums where other folks have the same thing. But other's seem fine, so who knows.......

I have mine plugged in thru my reciever, so maybe that's part of my problem.

But since this thread is here, I have another question that maybe you can answer nico, or someone else?

Aside from the picture dropping out every so often, i also can't seem to get it to output in 1080p.

I know the homescreen isn't, but when i watch a youtube video that's "supposedly" 1080p. ,my TV is telling me it's only getting a 720p signal.......even though i have a 40 incher that does 1080p.

Does the youtube app not put out 1080p? I will admit I haven't tried watching or renting an HD movie through the regular video player......

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are streaming the video, you might want to check your connection. I stream Netflix from my tablet to a TV without wifi and it work great. Every now-and-then I might get a loading message but that is the network not the HDMI.

Has anyone been successful in connecting the HDMI adapter to a DVI-D monitor or projector using a HDMI cable to DVI?

Ladie Clair Forever

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been googling this all morning and someone in another forum suggested that the picture and audio on your tv (when connected to your s3 via hdmi) might be going out each time a widget or living wallpaper refreshes itself. Try turning off all that stuff off and see if that makes a difference. I'm gonna try it when I get home. It makes sense.

Tj Northcraft

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problems everyone else is having. All I needed to do is change the screen timeout settings and it seems to have fixed the problem. At least it only does it once every half an hour.

Shanelryan

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Im new to these forums, but Im a regular contributor to CrackBerry. But enough about me.
My problem is that when I am watching a video, browsing, doing anything over the HDMI adapter, i get a white bar across the bottom half of my TV every ten to thirty seconds. I am also seeing snow, very, very little, but still noticable. Also, the audio cuts out every twenty to forty seconds, for under a second. Additionally, i get completely black picture and no audio every minute or two.
Now, this completely sounds like a hardware issue, but i just wanted to double check here to make sure that it isnt a known issue or i am just doing something wrong. Great way to make my first post anyways!
Well, thank you Android Central, and I hope that you provide me with as great of an experience as CrackBerry is.
Happy Holidays!

I found if you put your phone into flight mode then enabling wifi works fine no problems must be something to do with network interference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair