VZW Tab 10.1 update this am, dl'd and installed.

PjD#AC

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Came home from Christmas shopping this am to find a update ready to download :D
Updated to 3.2....
Early Christmas present from VZW.... lol...

SC20111224-135840.jpg

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Nice! Looking forward to getting this update. I've gotta roll my Tab back to stock now...

Oh, and PJD, how is it running?

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt update!! I did and now wifi will not get ip via dhcp you will have to static it. Also auto rotation is broken. You will have to turn it off. If you dont and your screen rotates its stuck until you reboot. I can not get storage to mount in Windows either. It does seem to run a lot smoother :) That is all the bugs i have found so far.

Michael2980

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt update!! I did and now wifi will not get ip via dhcp you will have to static it. Also auto rotation is broken. You will have to turn it off. If you dont and your screen rotates its stuck until you reboot. I can not get storage to mount in Windows either. It does seem to run a lot smoother :) That is all the bugs i have found so far.

When did you get the update and where are you located

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

shaneneff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting I can enable so that the update isn't applied to my tablet? I would like to see how it works out for others before I update.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been running the updated 3.2 since I purchased the Tab the day after xmas and it works alot better then the way it did out of the box.

Good luck either way!

PjD#AC

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Weird....
I have experienced none of what you mention here.
the only thing I hadn't tried was storage mount, I just tried it before posting and it works fine as it did before the update.
Were you rooted? or modded in any form before the update?

Pj

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Long story but I flashed wrong verison of CWM from app and would not boot so I used Odin3 to flash back to stock 3.0 after that the tab booted it notified me to update to 3.1 so i did and after that reboot it notified me to update to 3.2. Maybe I need to do odin3 again but with a 3.1 image then take OTA? Wierd thing is I have CMW installed and working now but I didn't do anything other than root??? I am a little confused :)

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so you were prompted for the EL01 official update from verizon? So that means it's being sent out correct? I have not been prompted and I have been checking system update many times a day and nothing. When did this happen? And if anyone reading this gets prompted for the update, can you please choose "install later" and then with some kind of file manager go into /cache and look for the update file, that's usually where it's stored until you choose to install it. If it's not there please look around for it maybe on the virtual sd card. When you find it please copy it and pull it and post it please. Thank you very much.

Meh

Last edited:

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Dude I am so confused!! LOL! This is what happened on Friday I installed CMW wrong and tab wouldn't boot so I installed [ROM][LEAK][ODIN]EG01 - Factory STOCK ODIN Image - VZW LTE Tab 10.1 - RootzWiki got it back on first boot it asked me to update to 3.1 so I did and rebooted then it asked to update to 3.2 and I did thats when everything went wrong... I called VZW support and they stated that I should not have received any updated yet.... So I just did the above again and this time I checked and it is 3.1 I did receive another message about an update only 11mb so I updated and reboot. Right now I am on 3.1 and I have not been notified to update. I really do not know why it updated me to 3.2 but I know whatever happened 3.2 didn't work well at all.....

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Still no update in California. We have two tabs and neither of them have gotten the update yet. This blows as I hear it makes the device perform better.

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Meh,

Can you help me out. This morning I got notified for the EL01 update again :) I download and click install on reboot progress bar stopped moving I let it sit for 30 minutes which I know install should only take 6 or 7 I rebooted device now its states device up to date. I did find this file c29e64de9f14.update_SCH-I905_FULL_OTA_EH04_To_EL01A.bin which is about 350 mb Can you make a flashable zip or something so I can get this installed or can I just rename it to update.zip and flash via CMW? If you would like me to provide a link for download let me know. Thanks!