VZW Tab 10.1 update this am, dl'd and installed.

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Meh,

Can you help me out. This morning I got notified for the EL01 update again :) I download and click install on reboot progress bar stopped moving I let it sit for 30 minutes which I know install should only take 6 or 7 I rebooted device now its states device up to date. I did find this file c29e64de9f14.update_SCH-I905_FULL_OTA_EH04_To_EL01A.bin which is about 350 mb Can you make a flashable zip or something so I can get this installed or can I just rename it to update.zip and flash via CMW? If you would like me to provide a link for download let me know. Thanks!

AWESOME!! Yes please, can you upload that to multiupload for us all? All you need to do is change the name of the file to 'update.zip' and put it on your virtual sd card and then boot into the stock recovery, NOT cwm recovery, but the stock recovery and apply update.zip. I'm assuming that when you hit reboot and install, at that time you had cwm recovery installed instead of the stock recovery, correct? That's what it sounded like you did. Official updates cannot be updated through cwm recovery.

Meh

Last edited:

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool uploading now! You are assuming right :) Stupid question how can I get stock recovery back so I can update it? I will provide the link soon :)

Please dont tell me I have to odin back to stock image :(

Last edited:

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Cool uploading now! You are assuming right :) Stupid question how can I get stock recovery back so I can update it? I will provide the link soon :)

Please dont tell me I have to odin back to stock image :(

No, I'm pretty sure you don't. Odin this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20070269/lterec.tar.md5 <-------this is the stock recovery from EG01(What our tabs came with), hopefully it will work. I'm pretty sure it will.

Last edited:

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Still at recovery.img in odin and progress bar on tab not moving. How long should this take?

Still not doing anything.... Should I stop it and try again?

Last edited:

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Still at recovery.img in odin and progress bar on tab not moving. How long should this take?

Unplug it and reboot and then boot back into download mode and do it again. With these tabs, as quickly as possible after booting into download mode, flash the file. If you wait too long, it does that. So, have odin completely set up with the tar file quened up in pda waiting, then boot into download mode.

Meh

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
You rock bro!!! Just renamed file to update.zip rebooted into stock recovery and it is updating now!!! Fingers crossed! Thanks Again!

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You rock bro!!! Just renamed file to update.zip rebooted into stock recovery and it is updating now!!! Fingers crossed! Thanks Again!

Awesome sauce! Let me know how it goes. Also, if/when it updates correctly, I'll show you how to root it easily. But you may already know how to do that. Just offering.

Meh

kidserious

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Its up and running!!! Have a look :) LOL Yes root easy would be cool!

Perfect, as I thought it would. Now, open up odin and uncheck auto reboot. Then odin this recovery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20070269/recovery.tar.md5 and then unplug your tab and boot directly into recovery, do not let it fully boot first. Then flash this from cwm recovey: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20070269/Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip It might error when you flash it, just keep trying and it will eventually take. Then reboot and you have root

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci