What version is out OTA? And should I get it?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got my first Tab, the Galaxy tab 10.1 WiFi. Obviously it is stock 3.1 still, is a new version out? If so, should I update, or did it do more harm than good? Thanks.

Wookiee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It looks like it has a mini bar or something like that with set apps / settings on it. Can that be hidden or customized? Thanks again.

No, at least not without a custom rom. Personally, I don't use it, but it has never been a bother, either.

Wookiee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't take up any more space than the normal taskbar. There's just a little arrow button in the middle of it that will expand/collapse it.

markkelley

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Works great on the wi-first only version. Waiting for the LTE version. Supposed to be any day now.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Updated last night, and fell asleep while waiting for the update. Haven't used it much yet, but so far real happy with the update. Thanks everyone.

PCPIMP

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the new update on my lte verision! Wifi will not get IP address via DHCP i had to set it to static and all is good. Auto rotation doesnt work if your screen rotates you are stuck until you reboot. I turned auto rotation off and that worked. If a app can only run in portrait mode it does rotate and the screen will rotate back after you close it. Last issue i found is no usb storage. I just use the websharing app so i can transfer files if i need to. None you these are a deal breaker but still annoying! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze